• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Not been for a walk yet, and might not, as I'm going to get the car started, take it for a charging run down the M69 and back, and pop into Sainsbury's while I'm that way for any bits that I remember needing. I did start putting together an online order but I don't think I actually need enough to avoid the full delivery charge. Mind you, whenever I say that, I end up spending twice as much as necessary upon visiting the shop in person
    Car recharged and shopping done

I only spent half as much again as would have been needed for cheapskate delivery

It was still worth it though, as I remembered a variety of things I often forget when ordering online (such as dark chocolate digestives), and I was able to get a loaf of wholemeal bread which, inexplicably, they still don't offer online. And the latest Viz; they now offer that on the website, but with no information about which issue it is, which makes things confusing given Viz's weird publishing schedule

Comment

Tonight's Trucking Hell accompaniment has been one of those really nice Sainsbury's steak and caramelised onion burgers in a sesame seed bun with sweet chilli sauce; and fries. Very nice

Still not feeling wholly well, but better than the past few days. I think I'll get another early night, in hopes of being back on form for the weekend

Comment

Ran a hoover about the place.

Haven't yet made the bed.

Headache has gotten worse rather than better so I ought to make that bed so I can attempt to sleep it off.

Comment

Bin overbinging the gin agin?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What noise does a crow make when you connect from phase to phase of a 11kV line?

VVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hurrah! Thought I'd lost my favourite little camera while walking. Just spotted it in the cupboard! Senile. Now, where did I leave my head?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Guess how I know that.

<- wot the jackdaw was doing at the bottom of the pole.

And it took out the voltage transformer on the pole & melted a wire off it.

Right at the time Lantern were about to retrieve the stuck tractors.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Despite multiple trips downstairs with recycling, trundling, and shopping, the green ring stubbornly refused to become even half-closed. So I just went for a brisk, if shorter than usual, walk. Result: all rings closed

It's quite pleasant out there, still 17°C with a light breeze; but it's clouding over and a bit humid. Wouldn't be surprised if the rain forecast for tomorrow morning and afternoon turns up a little early

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Guess how I know that.

<- wot the jackdaw was doing at the bottom of the pole.

And it took out the voltage transformer on the pole & melted a wire off it.

Right at the time Lantern were about to retrieve the stuck tractors.

Comment

Not as early as it could have been, but still, I should get a decent eight hours' kip in

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X