• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was a tuna mayo sandwich.

Comment

At about 3am this morning I heard the sound of Canadian Geese outside my window.

The racket when on for about 20 minutes so I looked outside and saw a fox urinating on a lamp post.

I then did a quick search and red foxes can sound like Canadian Geese as they are calling for a mate.

I am now fecking tired.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch was chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread, after which I feel a bit better

And I've managed to get some stuff working locally that's useful to have, given that the suggested technique for debugging in the remote development environments seems to be "See if it appears in the Grafana dashboard; it it does, it's working, if it doesn't, it isn't" which seems like it might be a little lacking in the kinds of details that help one debug things

Comment

Pleased to hear you're feeling better!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Lunch was chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread, after which I feel a bit better

And I've managed to get some stuff working locally that's useful to have, given that the suggested technique for debugging in the remote development environments seems to be "See if it appears in the Grafana dashboard; it it does, it's working, if it doesn't, it isn't" which seems like it might be a little lacking in the kinds of details that help one debug things
            what's wrong with the old fashioned approach of writing "got this far" to a log file.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

what's wrong with the old fashioned approach of writing "got this far" to a log file.
              He's got a gas fire, so logs are no good.

HTH.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite a pleasant evening out there now. The cloud is clearing a bit in a dappled sort of way but not letting blinding sunshine through yet, and it's a warm-enough-for-anybody 18°C

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh, there's some of that going on, but the container logs are absolutely filled with crap from whichever app is running in there so much grepping is also required

Comment

Apparently there's been some association football contest going on, which explains why the pavements were refreshingly free of other people when I went for my walk

Comment

It's not been a nice afternoon. Raining and dismal.

Watching the TdF highlights and have a pizza defrosting/cooking in the oven.

Comment

Working...
                      X