• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much rain is a-falling. I was hoping it would be accompanied by some of that thunder and lightening stuff but sadly not.

Comment

If you do the glacier express anytime, avoid Disentis, unless you're really into monsasteries. But Oberalp and Andermatt are lovely.

Currently, thunderstorms all around and it's raining heavily.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tea has been pork chops with chips, peas and gravy. Very nice

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell

Comment

I haven't watched Trucking Hell for a few weeks. Will see if there are any new episodes and add them to this week's viewing list.

It's still persisting it down. Dashed out to empty the saucers for a couple of plants to reduce chance of drowning and nearly drowned myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I haven't watched Trucking Hell for a few weeks. Will see if there are any new episodes and add them to this week's viewing list.

It's still persisting it down. Dashed out to empty the saucers for a couple of plants to reduce chance of drowning and nearly drowned myself.
            My5 is up to S4E11 now

Still no rain here, though it looks like it'll be arriving with the dawn and then continuing through the day

Time for an early night, ready for the morrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Yesterday we drove to the Lake District and collected Eek Jr 1 for her driving test at 8:57 this morning

7:57 this morning it's cancelled due to a Covid test and is now on July 10th.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day, and the promised rain has just arrived as drizzle and will continue off and on for most of the day. Currently 13°C with a predicted high of 16°, barometers insignificantly down at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning all

It's dull, overcast, damp. There was much rain overnight but no current precipitation. It's 16 degrees at the moment with a high of 20 expencted. Rain due to restart around lunchtime and continue for the rest of the day. Barometer down a touch to 1014 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Ferrike Halsema becomes the first-ever woman to be elected mayor of Amsterdam 2018

Comment

Morning.

UnDry.

Grey.

White sky.

Raining.

Sunless.

20.1 deg in here as is currently usual.

1011 and a bit mBar, up slightly from last night, in Hg, 67% RH.

Telex machine is shining particularly brightly this morning.

again.

Very poor night's sleep, I seem to be more than I was yesterday.

Monday.

Irritated by the babbling woman doing the sports thing on Today who seems to be in some sort of race with the late Patrick Moore in terms of words/min.

Bored. Now.

The sun's out, and there are patches of blue in the sky.

I thought there was a deluge forecast.

Freecell score: 85%, running average: 84% (83.975%).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Tea:

Entertainment:

Discovering Carole Lombard on Sky Arts.

"Snipers" on Great! Action.

Searching for Secrets: London on Smithsonian.

"The Emperor of the North (1973)" on Talking Pictures with that Lee Marvin and that Ernie Borgnine (in non Marty the butcher mode).
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 June 2021, 19:04.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Yesterday we drove to the Lake District and collected Eek Jr 1 for her driving test at 8:57 this morning

7:57 this morning it's cancelled due to a Covid test and is now on July 10th.
                      Miss V2 passed her Theory test last week, now trying to book the practical before Feb 2022.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X