• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down to 19°C in the living room, 18° in the bedroom. Might have to close the windows at this rate

Comment

Had a snooze on the sofa while Prof B Cox wittered on about sciencey stuff.

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the other Chinese
          and hopefully not
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In the other Chinese
            Very nice too

Originally posted by eek View Post

and hopefully not
            It's a pretty good Chinese, as it goes. The usual place went through a seriously bad patch in the mid-to-late Noughties before Janet took over, and I used to go to the other one all the time then

Comment

Were any inquiries made of the state of busyness?

In other news, it's raining.

Not hard, but fairly constantly.

And the blitzen thing is going apetulipe over France at the moment.

https://www.blitzortung.org/en/live_...-zMFUMww0HYhE#
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Were any inquiries made of the state of busyness?
                No. They don't know me and I don't know them, and the young lady taking the order didn't seem very chatty; brusque would probably be the word. So I didn't enquire

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985), though I don't see how it can be part II when the first one wasn't part I; unless it's like an Elizabeth I thing, where they didn't know there'd be another (despite an almost endless sequence of Henry before that). Anyway, it's OK, but not as good as the first one by any stretch. I think that's because the premise of the first one, where an expert in guerrilla warfare finds himself fighting for his life in small town America, is really what made it; put the same character into Communist Vietnam fighting their army and Russian special forces and it stops being anything special, it's just what a guy like that does

So it works OK as just another action movie, but that's all it is really.

And after that I decided I was more in the mood for impressive visuals than anything new, so I just rewatched Ghost in the Shell (2017)

And finally, onwards with The Americans: S4E9 The Day After (TV Episode 2016), in which they watch the eponymous film concerning the consequences of nuclear war. I still haven't watched that one, but I have it on DVD; some time soon, I'll have a special week of watching that, The War Game, Threads, and When the Wind Blows, as I have all of them and it would be good to bundle them all together and ruin one week rather than spreading them out and ruining lots

Then S4E10 Munchkins (TV Episode 2016), which is a good enough episode but doesn't add anything to my schedule

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ There was no II in the book since Trautman kills him.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20.7 in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 67% RH.

Sunday.

<hiatus>

Sunday shop done, dusted, washed, rinsed, dried, sanitised and put away.

Very busy this morning, queues for checkout before 10 a.m.

There must be sommat going on.

Lunch: roast chicken beef, some yog or other, probably a yellow corner one, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Still very here.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 June 2021, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    ^^^ There was no II in the book since Trautman kills him.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20.7 in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 67% RH.

Sunday.
                    Ok, so the edit appears in the quote but not in the post. Have I found Yet Another Bug?

Comment

Nice walk round one of those NGS open gardens with loony lady 1 yesterday. Today she wants me to go to Homebase with her to look for something or other. Keeps nagging me to get some new carpets. Like being married, except for one vital ingredient.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X