• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy evening so far. How on earth do employees live like this for years at a time?

First off, the walk was briskly walked and the green ring closed

Returning from that, I didn't even take my shoes off, but grabbed the shopping bags and went out to the car. Jump started it with the little battery pack as last week's minimal lunchtime charge hadn't lasted, and upped the pressure on the iffy rear tyre, then off to the M69 to give it a chance to charge properly. I went down to the A5 junction rather than just the first one, then back again, and so to Sainsbury's. Shopping all done (except whatever I've forgotten), and so home, and everything put away. I'm glad I thought to get something easy to make for tea, as I wouldn't want to have to faff around loads in the kitchen now

Speaking of which, I got a Big Chicken but it's dated Saturday. I daresay it'll last till Sunday for a roast dinner though; or maybe I'll have it tomorrow night, or maybe I'll even skip the Saturday takeaway. We shall see

Comment

Oh, and the recycling bin was trundled forth as I was on my way out for the walk. There were a few single spots of rain during the walk, then something approximating more to a shower during the motorway journey, though it kept fizzling out as soon as I put the wipers on

Comment

Tea has been a Sainsbury's TTD steak and caramelised onion burger in a sesame bun with ketchup (because I forgot to get any relish), and fries on the side. Extremely nice burger, thick and juicy and flavoursome

Comment

Friday tomorrow, and the thing we've built so far is due to go live on Monday. So it'll either be a hectic day of trying to fix last-minute things that crop up, or a mellow day because we've sorted everything out and we're good to go

I'm hoping for the latter, as I've got something else to work on for the next part of the project which is interesting and doesn't (yet) have any great amount of time pressure; and after the hectic week this has been, I could do with winding down a bit

I'm glad I did the shopping earlier so I can just sit back and relax tomorrow evening, whichever way it turns out.

An early night is called for now, I think.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

We finally had some proper rain arrive just after I went to bed last night, rather than the drizzle that fizzles out in no time that was all we'd had since the weather started to break. No rain at the moment, but it's grey and still damp out there now. Currently 14°C and not expected to get any hotter, chance of showers between 90% and 100% for the whole of the day and into the night, but barometers up a bit at 1008/1016mB

Having a nectarine for breakfast, which makes a change from wholemeal toast

Comment

Remembered to pop to the postbox on the far corner and post a Father's Day card before the last collection - well, the only collection, at 9am

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

White sky with a very few blue bits.

Sunless.

21.5 deg in here.

1012 mBar, in Hg, 67% RH.

Friday.

The washing frenzy is in progress.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Walk walked in the rather cooler morning.

Despite the half crown sized blister raised by The New Shoes, the old shoes were pressed back into service along with some Morrisons Strapping across said blister, enabling the longer walk to occur.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM on the shirts setting bumped to 60 deg.

Pollen count seems high.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same x2, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Five minutes more before the cottons are done.

Yeah, right.

And a mere 19 minutes later the cottons are airing on the banisters.

Frenzy complete.

Tea: Tesco chunky cod, some tinned fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert Taylor on Sky Arts.

NCIS S5 E7 "Requiem".

NCIS S5 E9 "Lost & Found".

A bit of "Crowdie & Cream" part 2.

A bit of NCIS S10 E2 "Recovery".

Disasters at sea: The flying phantom: a tug lost on the Clyde because the emergency release on the winch took 6 to 8 seconds to release so it girted.

Secrets of the Celtic Grave on Smithsonian: all about a grave in a field in that Pembrokeshire.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 June 2021, 22:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Yesterday constructed two rose arches for our honeysuckle to spread out on. Now just need to figure out how to stabilise them. Made garlic bread and had it with garlic snails last night. Very tasty.

Another flaming hot day.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Expecting the delivery of some Apple AirPods Max today, being the over-the-ear headphones that can even tell when you move your head and things and adjust surround sound accordingly. I've fancied getting some for a while, but as I need to stuff olive oil down my ears a couple of times a day until next Wednesday ahead of the ear wax removal thing, I won't be able to use my hearing aids until then so I splashed out

The DPD driver is currently just around the corner, literally thirty seconds' walk away. Yet he's on delivery 54 and I'm 81, so he won't be here for at least another half hour or so… and yes, refresh the page, and he's now three streets away

Comment

Steady drizzle out, and with all the windows and internal doors open to get some air flowing through the place, the living room and bedroom are now down from 25°C to 21°. I may have to reconsider switching to the summer duvet

Comment

Working...
                      X