• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing has been a couple of episodes of Traffic Cops, for lack of being bothered to watch anything else

Time for bed now, as work lurks in wait in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a refreshing night's sleep; had a rather odd dream about being in Iceland - the country, not the shop - for some reason

Today was supposed to start off grey but it's actually sunny, though it'll supposedly cloud over soon. Currently 18°C heading for 22°, barometer pretty steady at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Anyone else watching the new BBC drama Time with Sean Bean and Stephen Graham? First episode was brilliant but a very difficult watch, first series ive known can be binged watched in one go (all three episodes are in the iPlayer) but seven chosen to stagger over a few days!
        Looks good - added it to the list

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright, quite a bit of fluffy cloud but patches of blue visible. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 later. No rain forecast. Barometer steady at 1024 mBar.

Woke at about 6.15 am and was so very awake that I considered getting up and having an early morning walk. I went for a wee and back to bed while I contemplated this and ended up dozing until 8.15 when I normally get up. I now feel tired

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Mount Pinatubo (Philippines) erupts for the first time 1991

Comment

Temperature 15.6 °C
            Relative humidity 89%
            Pressure 984 hPa

Overcast, but quite bright. No real sun expected today. Might get up to 20°C.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

White sky.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 20.4 deg.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 65% RH.

Monday.

The telex machine is gleaming oh so very brightly this morning.

WTF is "HTTP -0" when it's at home?

Walk walked.

Relatively chilly out there.

Seems much warmer now I'm back inside.

Mostly coz it's now 21 deg.

Lunch: poached tomato (or the bits that weren't all over the inside of the poppity ping) and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, a bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (83.92%).

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage, the last of the tinned peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Discovering Richard Widmark on Sky Arts.

DS9 S7 E25: That which remains Part II wherein it's all wrapped up.

NCIS S16 E20: "Hail and Farewell": amusing enough in its way.

Nearly TFBSDrS.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 June 2021, 21:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Boo, my holiday to Devon has been cancelled. House we were gonna rent has been sold, and no chance of another now.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Boo, my holiday to Devon has been cancelled. House we were gonna rent has been sold, and no chance of another now.
                  That's rubbish. Maybe another part of the UK could squeeze you in?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Overcast but dry and bright. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 22 later. Moderate chance of rain this afternoon. Barometer up a touch to 1024 mBar.

Undecided whether the rest of the windows will get washed today. I should do but I'm feeling lazy right this minute. I have been out and covered my patio bench over in case it does rain as it got a proper soaking on Friday and, as it's just wood, I'd rather keep it dry if I can.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Special pedestrian lane introduced just for 'phubbers', slow-walking smartphone users, in Xi'an China 2018

I hope the lane ends with a pit of vipers or some such
                    Oh no Indiana Jones spinning blade stylee traps. (The grail one where the head(s) rolls out).
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I may have to admit defeat in my battle to avoid a smart meter. Seems gas meters need to be changed every 10 - 20 years, so I am getting a smart one
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X