• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with white clouds.

Warmer at 19 deg in here.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 64% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

Bird food purchased from Wilko.

Money got from ATM that looked like someone had upchucked over it.

Walk walked in the unbearable heat.

TV Times purchased from the Post Office.

Three wrecked walls inspected where the oik turned his car over last week.

Did a fine job of it.

I'm sure his insurance company will be pleased, assuming he has one, apparently these things are purely voluntary these days, along with MOTs & driving licenses.

Pair of jeans & pair of cords duly washed (20 minute at 40 deg C) and hanging on the line in the blazing sunshine, thusly explaining why I'm wearing the holiest & most religious of cords at the moment.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with some (slightly blue in places) Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno WTF they're doing next door but it's fecking irritating the tulip out of me at the moment.

Obviously something on the party wall.

<hiatus>

Some rough gardening done in the baking sun.

The new thinner cord works better in the strimmer, which is nice.

Entertainment: "Build my gallows high (1947)" with that Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas.

Which, it transpired, I'd seen before, proper noir with a downbeat ending.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some tinned fruit cocktail, a yog (or two), and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

"Discovering Omar Sherriff" on Sky Arts.

"The Racket (1951)" with that Robert Mitchum and Robert Ryan.

"The Reunion at Fairborough (1985)" with that Robert Mitchum and Deborah Kerr.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 June 2021, 22:50.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright, clear blue sky. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 24 later. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Following Friday's feedback from Comms, I have changes to make. If there's still negative whining I cannot guarantee my toys and their pram will remain friends.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Costing £2 Britain issues the first television licence 1946

Comment

Lunch is a bit of quiche and a tomato salad, eaten al fresco on my little patio.

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the baking sun, green ring closed

Early today because I needed to pop into the pharmacy for this month's prescription

And with that all out of the way, lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) and will shortly be extended to include a sausage roll out of the freezer

The sausage roll is getting eaten because I'll be making more this week, so it makes sense to finish the last of the previous batch

Comment

Brisk walk up to the Japanese Knife Shop to drop off some knives to be sharpened. It's a bit warm out. I even needed sunglasses.

£25 to properly sharpen one ceramic and four steel Japanese knives. HWMBO will be pleased when he next uses them.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Walk briskly walked in the baking sun, green ring closed

Early today because I needed to pop into the pharmacy for this month's prescription

And with that all out of the way, lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) and will shortly be extended to include a sausage roll out of the freezer

The sausage roll is getting eaten because I'll be making more this week, so it makes sense to finish the last of the previous batch
              Your local independent pharmacy isn't open until 8pm?

What sort of backwards town do you live in?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Your local independent pharmacy isn't open until 8pm?

What sort of backwards town do you live in?
                No, they're weird up there. You have to time it very carefully if you want to collect a prescription around lunchtime because the pharmacist insists on taking a lunch break, and during that period they can't dispense any prescriptions, not even ones that have already been made up; nor can they sell various over-the-counter remedies that require a pharmacist's approval

They also only open for a couple of hours on Saturday (morning) and not at all on Sundays.

Comment

Another mildly hectic day. But the contract came through for the extension until the end of August

Weirdly, it's dated until the very end of August, which is a Tuesday after a Bank Holiday. Not sure if they want that because our sprints end on a Tuesday so, from that perspective, it works out well; but if there's been no further extension by then, I hope they won't be expecting too much of me that day

I had a really bad night's sleep last night, plagued by strange and disturbing dreams that kept waking me, which I put down (even at the time) to being too hot; but I wasn't going to get up and start mucking around with the duvet in the small hours, and my brain knew that, so I don't see why it had to be such a dick about it

Anyway, I've just gone through the process of removing the one-third portion of the duvet. If my brain starts complaining tonight that it's too cold, I will not be happy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Another mildly hectic day. But the contract came through for the extension until the end of August
                    yay! -got a problem here though, but it's the thought that counts
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hF05ik5TFQ

Comment

After a frustrating day it's tempting to not turn up tomorrow. Instead I booked another holiday

Here's hoping Spain goes on the green list before 7 August.

Comment

Working...
                      X