• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Apple TV 4K set up. Most of the setup (iTunes account, wi-fi and so on) is dealt with simply by unlocking your iPhone and holding it near the thing then typing in a code it displays and holding it nearby for a few more seconds

Once that was done it went to its home screen, then after a couple of seconds re-arranged the icons into the order I had them on the old one, which would be a nice touch… except I keep Amazon Prime in the top row and move Apple Fitness down to the bottom, off screen and out of the way, and the cheeky gits insisted on moving Fitness back to the top row, shoving Prime down to the next row

Only took a moment to fix though

Then I had to log into the channel 5 app again. This would have been easier if I could have remembered which email address I'd used for it when I set it up years ago. I tried several possible variants to get a password reminder and one of them worked, so it's now all set up for Trucking Hell

I also get a year's free trial of Apple TV Plus, though before I activate that I must set a reminder in my calendar to cancel it 364 days hence

Comment

Watched Have I Got A Bit More News For You and then the latest Trucking Hell (no Rory).

It's rained off and on all day. The sun did come out for a while. The thunderstorm never turned up.

Comment

Nice moon peering through the clouds

Tea has been ribs and chips, with a bit of Trucking Hell

Comment

It's peeing it down again.

Comment

It's dry here, with only patchy cloud

Better get to sleep, I suppose

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts with white fluffyish clouds.

Cool at 17.5 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 59% RH.

Tuesday.

And what is Tuesday?

It's 2nd jab day.

<hiatus>

2nd jab jabbed.

Tesco visited on the way back to buy the stuff I forgot on Sunday, namely the eggs.

Threw in a few tins of 5 beans, some salad cream, and some Tesco cranberry sauce for good measure.

Brakes on car ponging.

Walk walked.

Just as well I went for a walk when I did coz it's got greyer & greyer & it's been raining on and off ever since.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Gengettie tea.

In the ennui of the afternoon of a Tuesday in retirement:

Freecell score: 85%, running average 84% (83.89%).

It slipped a difficult one in to piss me off, though fortunately not one of the very difficult ones, one of which I've spent hours trying to solve & failed every time.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E16: it would appear I haven't watched that one before.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Sky Arts: Discovering Orson Wells.

"The Virgin Queen (1955)" with Bette Davis and Richard Todd, with dear old Joan Collins.

Another A Team ep: "In Plane Sight" which is about coke smuggling.

And was, it must be said, decidedly average.

Lance Henriksen was unrecognisable.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 May 2021, 22:08.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day, and looks like it's rained a little overnight

Currently 9°C with 14° anticipated sometime around teatime, when it might also brighten up a little; but rain off and on until then. 1001/1009mB, which is up a little

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Tuesday.

And what is Tuesday?

It's 2nd jab day.

Comment

Morning all

Currently dry but it's dull and overcast. Currently 10 degrees with the potential for a high of 15 this afternoon. Looks like it's going to be a sunshine and showers type day. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

I have been out to empty the plant saucers of excess water and have brought in my chilli plants as I'm worried the rain is going to kill them off.

Went to bed early because I was grumpy last night. Feel asleep very quickly and didn't wake until my alarm went off. Not feeling any less grumpy this morning though.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    The 'General Data Protection Regulation' (GDPR) becomes enforceable 2018

Comment

Grumpy is the norm for me. We should have a grumpy sub-forum.

Last night went to me 1st Karoake thing since lockdown eased. Made me a bit less grumpy for 5 mins.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X