• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Torrential rain out there now!

Really windy too
    Luckily, I have just the thing for such a night: Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Comment

Monday again tomorrow. FFS

Viewing was a bit of Trucking Hell with the Scotch broth, and earlier there was some stuff about Irish customs officers burbling away to accompany the sausages and bacon

Better get to sleep now I suppose

Goodnight all

Comment

Temperature 7.8 °C
        Relative humidity 94%
        Pressure 965 hPa

Should get up to 17 later.

We've got a couple of day tickets for the national railway system, so we're going to visit a few cities we've not been to before. We were going to lake Luzern, then take the boat across the lake and mountain train up to the top of Rigi. But the weather in the East is terrible today, so we're staying in the West. First stop - coffee and sausage roll at Basel main railway station.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Another fairly grey day, though a bit calmer after the front that passed through last night. Currently 9°C heading for 14°, 990/998mB which is down a bit, and a 90% chance of lightning this afternoon

Though having said that, the sun has just appeared through a gap in the clouds, though it appears to be heading behind them again as I type

Apple TV 4K mk. II is being delivered around lunchtime

Comment

Morning.

Having once again awakened unbidden at sparrow fart + 1 hour, the walk has been walked.

This has revealed the dire state of the drainage system up the hill a bit, where the drains "they" spent all that money on earlier in the year are now blocked.

Was dry, now wet.

Dank.

Damp,

Grey.

Dreary.

Colder at 17 deg in here earlier, it's up to 17.2 now.

Sunless.

Though I did see a small patch of blue sky at one point.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 59% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine is glittering this morning.

<hiatus>

Sun's out.

Freecell score: 78%, running average 84% (83.88%).

Raining.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), 2 x bramble jelly sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "The Desperadoes (1943)" with very young looking Glenn Ford and a not so ancient looking Randolph Scott, ably assisted by Claire Trevor (looking particularly fine).

(As it happens I've seen this one before though I didn't remember the title).

In other news: 2nd jab tomorrow at 09:10.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84% (83.889%).

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Gina Lollobrigeda" on Sky Arts. Not overly gripping.

The A Team: Taxicab Wars (1983): also not exactly gripping.

I never knew there was a woman in the team for the first couple of years.

Well that was remarkably average even with Michael Ironside and Brion James.

Tastes musst have changed in 38 years.

Now: "The Maltese Cow". James Hong is in this one.

Mildly amusing.

And finally: "Chopping Spree" with Dennis Franz.

Nice to see Buntz again before he was Buntz.

NCIS S16 E18: "Mona Lisa": rather more inneresting than the above, but still not stellar.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 May 2021, 22:17.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's, there's blue sky and fluffy clouds. Much nicer than last night. Currently 12 degrees and that's the expected high for the day. Thunderstorms this afternoon - between the 1300 and 1600 hours at present but we know that'll move or simply not appear. Barometer down to 1002 mBar.

First coffee of the morning has been inhaled. Next one will be made when I've posted this.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The first 'Eurovision Song Contest' is held is Lugano, Switzerland 1956

Comment

Having trouble summoning up any enthusiasm for work this morning

No word on an extension yet, and my contract ends this coming weekend. I assume it'll be the usual last minute thing where the consultancy tries to get Her Majesty to confirm enough budget for a proper extension, then ends up renewing for two more weeks while they await a decision

Comment

Apple TV 4K mk. II is being delivered around lunchtime
                  The delivery driver was three or four streets away an hour ago, but is now on an industrial estate about three miles away. I assume DPD's algorithm knows what it's doing, but it always seems odd when they do stuff like that

Comment

Raining.

Contemplating whether a third coffee is a good idea or not.

Comment

The delivery driver was three or four streets away an hour ago, but is now on an industrial estate about three miles away. I assume DPD's algorithm knows what it's doing, but it always seems odd when they do stuff like that
                      There will be a set of priority deliveries (pre 10, pre 12) that are programmed first, it then moves on to the none priority deliveries.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X