• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Popped one of those part-baked baguettes in the oven for lunch. Wasn't sure what I was going to put in it as there's not much left in the fridge where I've been running it down ahead of my trip across the border. I have cheese. That'll do.
    Best take it with you instead.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Oh, and off to Sainsbury's in a bit, once the traffic's calmed down
      Zen Chury Millennium Om.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Zen Chury Millennium Om.
        with bells, whistles and a bespoke drum roll, courtesy of yours truly

Comment

Sainsbury's done, and very quiet it was for a Bank Holiday Friday evening

A Big Chicken was secured, so more soup is in the offing

Comment

Glad I wasn't travelling on the A14 today: Drone pictures show huge meat spillage forcing A14 closure which 'will cause permanent road damage'

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I so hope that features in a future Trucking Hell episode

Comment

Tea has been a Sainsbury's TTD thick-cut ribeye steak with fried onions, chips and beans; absolutely delicious

And I've remembered to remake the bed

No walk-for-walking's-sake today as I managed to close the green ring organically, starting with the walk to the chemist and back, then bin-related stuff, then shopping; and I just popped up to the Amazon Locker for a few bits which saw the green ring off, the rest having already been closed

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I so hope that features in a future Trucking Hell episode
                  Yes! The Kelmarsh stretch of the A14 is very much in their catchment area, so fingers crossed

Comment

Tonight's viewing (apart from Trucking Hell) started with the now-in-4K Black Hawk Down (2001), which was much the same as when it wasn't in 4K, though there were odd bits when I noticed the better quality picture. But more to the point, how do the US military manage to **** things up so badly? I mean, this one turned out so bad that they made a film of it, but we all know that they do stuff as incompetently as this all the time

And then another rewatch, The Martian (2015) in which a non-military organisation gets things right. But TBH the main reason to rewatch this was to listen to it through the new AirPods, because it's quite heavy on the music in parts. Sounded good to me, and the only bit I noticed as different from the extended version that I usually watch on Blu-ray as opposed to the normal version on Apple TV is that the extended version includes a scene where the commander of the Hermes acknowledges that two crew members are shagging. Anyway, very good as always

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry, sunny, blue sky with no obvious cloud (wispy or fluffy) from my vantage point. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 13 later. Rain expected this afternoon, from about 5pm. Barometer steady at 1015 mBar.

As I'm off to the parentals today: it's very similar weather there at the moment but 10 degrees. Same forecast high but the rain is likely to start a couple of hours earlier.

Today's Kantar diary fact:
                      New York officially introduces 'Sesame Street' at an intersection between 63rd Street and Broadway in honour of the show's 50th anniversary 2019

It's also HWMBO's birthday, a fact that seems to have passed the Kantar fact researchers by.

Comment

Working...
                      X