• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Of course we have wheeler dealers rebuilding classics from my youth.
    Car SOS - secretly fixing forgotten project cars.
    Used to watch that until that Tim dude got on my tits too much with his endless begging.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2021, 08:31.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You did us a great service by sharing your viewing habits.
      WlmS

Comment

The demo went well given that there'd been roughly a dozen assorted bug fixes, none of them tested, in the hour or so before it started

And more importantly, she then went straight on to another meeting where she demoed the same thing, but whereas the first one was other development teams around the department showing their work, this one was the important one with the stakeholders who have to agree to extend deadlines and budgets. If they do, I'll get extended some more, if they don't, I won't

But apparently it went well, they liked the demo, and they didn't seem too dismayed by the fact that things are going to take longer than originally planned. So I'm still in with a chance

Comment

Of course you'll get extended, it sounds like you're doing some fine work there.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Of course you'll get extended, it sounds like you're doing some fine work there.
            Doesn't really matter if the whole project gets canned though

It won't though. Like all government and enterprise projects, it started out a couple of years ago as an Excel spreadsheet, which has now grown to such enormous proportions that nobody wants to have to deal with it any more; but as the information being gathered is rather important, the only way to ditch the spreadsheet is for us to finish our thing

Comment

Oh, and walk walked, green and red rings closed

There's a quite stiff breeze out there this evening, and it's not a warm one either. But I soon warmed up enough not to be too bothered by it

Comment

green and red rings closed
                Darn it. You've reminded me I haven't been done the cross trainer and man gym stuff yet.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Scouse and a thick end of sesame bloomer for tea, accompanied by a little Trucking Hell of course

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Darn it. You've reminded me I haven't been done the cross trainer and man gym stuff yet.
                    Sounds a little much to me. I'll stick with my walks around the slightly more salubrious neighbourhood over the slope that passes for a hill around here

Comment

Watching 'Kate Bush at the BBC' on iPlayer, with handy captions reminding me of things I'd forgotten and telling me things I didn't know.

Comment

Working...
                      X