• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then onto that disgraceful behaviour by The Post Office and that dodgy software. Why more people haven't gone to prison for that debacle is beyond me.

Comment

Never understood that PO thing. Dodgy software might show money missing from the account but surely, for a conviction, they'd have to show that those charged had received it?

PS Yeh, too lazy to Google it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Never understood that PO thing. Dodgy software might show money missing from the account but surely, for a conviction, they'd have to show that those charged had received it?

PS Yeh, too lazy to Google it.
        It's something to do with false accounting so I suspect you don't necessarily have to show a benefit from it, just that they were reporting incorrectly? It would seem that the cash in the till didn't match what the system said they had and the PO claimed that the system was correct (even though they knew it wasn't). I'm sure there's technical details somewhere ...

Comment

Took a walk up to the high street to (a) get out and enjoy the sunshine and (b) buy some lunch and nice bread from Ole and Steen.

It's lovely and warm out and I didn't really need a jacket but I needed the pockets as I have grown weary of handbags this past year.

Lunch was a truffled cheese and mushroom toastie with a bit of spinach in it for token greenery I suspect.

Comment

Links are finally up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Why more people haven't gone to prison for that debacle is beyond me.
              Only those who were innocent. The guilty have all been rewarded.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Forgot to record that lunch was zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread. Remiss of me as it was very nice

Been a busy day though

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Only those who were innocent. The guilty have all been rewarded.
                  If only they could have been rewarded with a term at the scrubs.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Struggling to understand how someone can end up in a ditch on the opposite side of a straight road.

Comment

I ended up working until about 7pm because I'd managed to cock something up summat rotten

On the bright side, I now have a better grasp of what this particular somewhat convoluted thing is doing, and will be able to sort everything out in no time; and it's all stuff that needs to be done anyway, but I've now realised that the approach I've taken makes it all a lot easier than it would otherwise have been, so I reckon it's a win in the end

And once I was done, it was time for a brisk walk, so the green and red rings have both been closed

Very pleasant evening for it; not too warm but mild enough, and there was a bit of haze to the west so the sun was turning everything that nice golden yellow colour even when it was still quite high

Comment

Working...
                      X