• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fine sunny cold morning.

Temperature -1.7 °C
    Relative humidity 91%
    Pressure 990 hPa

Dinner will be gammon with sauté potatoes and some veg.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Slightly warmer start out there today, being already 6°C, though still no better than about 10° forecast; 1023/1031mB, which I assume is around the "Set fair" region of a traditional dial. There was high hazy cloud cover about thirty minutes ago but that's burned away now and it's mostly sunny, though with a few small white fluffy bits hanging around as decoration

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, dry, blue sky with lumps of fluff. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer steady at 1031 mBar.

Slept well, so the early night was a good thing, but still sneezing and full of ick. Considering I've managed to pick up a cold despite avoiding everyone and everything as best as I can, I wonder why I've not picked up the more virulent lurgy that we're all worried about? That way lies conspiracy doom...

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The first 'National Gardening Day' is observed 2018

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmer at 16.3 deg in here this morning.

1031 mBar, 30.44 in Hg, 53% RH.

Wednesday, or so I'm given to understand.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, during which it turned out I was wearing a layer too many.

<hiatus>

Raining.

Lunch: Poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and spelt toast (crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sun's out again.

<hiatus>

Minor potching done arranging the railway mags for recycling.

Entertainment: "The House on Telegraph Hill (1951)": noirish in its way, inneresting enough.

Tea: lamb's liver and bacon with onion gravy, some tinned fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of Police Interceptors that I've seen before.

Director's commentary on "Escape from New York (1981)" plus the extras on same that shows the bank robbery.

"Detonators" on DMAX which is all about demolishing stuff.

Showed a chap cutting a shaped charge with a hacksaw.

I now know how to demolish a crane in Liverpool and bridge towers in septicland.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 April 2021, 22:31.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No lunchtime walk today as I've actually been quite engrossed in what I'm working on. But not so engrossed as to miss lunch: pâté on sesame bloomer toast

And I'd forgotten I'd bought some caramel eclairs, so they'll Need to be Eaten™ soon

Comment

Lunch is some toasted hot cross buns with lashings of butter.

I should go out for a walk, it's nice enough out.

Comment

I had a toasted (sliced white bread) bacon sandwich, with cucumber and bbq sauce. This evening Mrs NAT decided we'd have burgers instead. So I'll toddle off into the cold to the supermarket in a bit and get some bap and lettuce.

I'd love a hot cross bun. Can't get them here, so I guess I'll just have to make some.Or better - get my daughter to make some.

Comment

Right, that's me done with government work for the day

Been a bit of a yak-shaving day, but it felt quite productive which is good enough

Comment

Spent the day sorting out null pointer exception errors.

A beef burger for dinner. Really high qaulity beef. Only spoiled by spousal row. My fault of course. All good now. We were considering watching Bambi, but wifey wants to watch the Repair Shop in an hour.

Comment

Watched an episode of Timeshift looking at the myth of Mods vs Rockers kicking off over bank holiday weekends. Good to hear a clip of Tobacco Road being played, which may result in a 50p royalty check going to my uncle.

Now watching the delayed MasterChef final. Pleased to see Great British Sewing Bee returns this evening.
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 15 April 2021, 07:45. Reason: bloomin' autocorrect on my phone...

Comment

Working...
                      X