• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread for lunch

Phone call from an 020 777 number just as I was starting on it, which I ignored. Googling it shows nothing, so it'll have been a spammer.

Comment

Snack sized pork pie had to tide me over as I'd had a late breakfast of toast and marmite so wasn't yet hungry.

Comment

Raining. Seems a lot more enthusiastic than what was on the forecast this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Raining. Seems a lot more enthusiastic than what was on the forecast this morning.
          Lovely dry and sunny.

And 11 degrees.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Lovely dry and sunny.

And 11 degrees.
            The sun now making an appearance. That was on the forecast, the timings were off but I'll allow it.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite pleasant out; 11°C, fair amount of cloud but enough gaps for the occasional bit of sunshine to brighten things up

Comment

Tea has been the remaining leg and wing of the Big Chicken, along with a little breast meat to accompany the rest of the skin, reheated and guzzled down with chips and ketchup

And the rest of the meat has been removed and reserved, and the carcass is in the slow cooker with assorted vegetables, ready for a long simmer overnight ahead of soup-making tomorrow; chicken and barley, I reckon

Comment

On the box, more of The Terror: S1E7 Horrible from Supper (TV Episode 2018), S1E8 Terror Camp Clear (TV Episode 2018), and S1E9 The C, the C, the Open C (TV Episode 2018). Something of a curate's egg, this series; I reckon it would have been better they'd stuck more to the actual business of a lost expedition in the Arctic and not bothered with the silly monster and the fancy dress party. But I suppose I might as well finish it now

Soup is started; might even be ready for lunch tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Rain...

But it's stopped.

Sky still grey.

Very warm. Today's high is 14 and it is currently 10 degrees.

Meeting boring.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast, damp from overnight drizzle, no active precipitation. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) and expected to reach 13 later. Evens chance of rain, currently slated for the 1200 and 1600 hours but we'll see. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

Tired this morning. Need to put more effort into looking for a job too. As HWMBO is coming down at the beginning of April to deliver a course, it's not such a bad thing to have a bit of time off while he's here.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      The Ford Motor Company produces its 50 millionth motor vehicle, the 'Thunderbird' 1958

Comment

Working...
                      X