• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    What's going on around here? It's like walking into the Dog and Duck and finding it's turned into a wine bar.

I expect the regulars a still clinging onto their corner, lowering the tone though?
    No they are hiding because you offered to drive them home.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's a 2014 compilation (which was repeated last year) of his earlier (1971 to 1986) BBC stuff from 21:00-22:00, then a new compilation of stuff from his 1990 BBC series from 22:00-23:00, according to a chap on Twitter who worked on the first one
      It was very good. It's noticeable how much of his material, pretty much all of it in fact, is still funny today. It hasn't really aged at all other the clothes and the dodgy hairstyles in the sketches. The racing funeral corteges is an absolute classic
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite sunny out with a blueish sky, though there appears to be a very high layer of haze, keeping the temperature down to 7°C; 1015/1023mB

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
          What's going on around here? It's like walking into the Dog and Duck and finding it's turned into a wine bar.

I expect the regulars a still clinging onto their corner, lowering the tone though?
          How's the ticker?

Comment

Did a big walk out to Chelsea Physic Garden and back via Sainsbury's. Hopefully got some good snaps from the garden. Not much in flower but there's still stuff of interest to find if you look hard enough.

Google maps tells me I did four miles. My fitbit says I've done nearly 12k steps and just under 6 miles. I suspect the discrepancy being that Google measures point to point and not all the mooching about done on arrival.

Either way, that's a decent amount of exercise and I feel justified in having one of the pack of jam doughnuts I accidentally bought.

Comment

Couple of rounds of wholemeal toast for lunch

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Either way, that's a decent amount of exercise and I feel justified in having one of the pack of jam doughnuts I accidentally bought.
              Jam doughnuts are definitely one of your five a day

Comment

There's five in the packet, does that mean....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  The racing funeral corteges is an absolute classic
                  When my Great Uncle George died in the late 1980s, the cortege was making its way to Allerton Cemetery at a stately pace. We were approaching the crossroads where we would turn right towards the cemetery entrance, when another cortege appeared on the road to the left; and we realised that whichever got to the cemetery second would have to wait while the other lot did their thing.

Our drivers increased their speed by 1mph. The others did the same. Ours went up another 1mph. So did theirs. And we sat there, in silence, watching the other lot avidly as our drivers tried to ensure we got to the cemetery first without accelerating to an unseemly pace

They just beat us to the crossroads, so we ended up having to wait. The funeral director came to apologise to my Mum for the delay, but she assured him that we'd all thought it was hilarious, and Georgie would have felt the same

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    There's five in the packet, does that mean....
                    You can't argue with the mathematics of it

Comment

Do custard doughnuts count? Or are they just a good source of calcium?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X