• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

What's that about? Got an old work mate I occasionally keep in contact with who spends his time writing software for people to use on old donated computers.
    He's had a vaccine, first jab (or jag as they call it locally)

Comment

Morning all

It's dull, overcast, damp but no active precipitation at present. My weather app has given up insisting it's hazy and realised it's cloudy. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 2) and may reach 7 later. Low chance of rain but it's going to stay overcast all day. Barometer down to 1023 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      The Forth Bridge in Scotland, measuring 520m long, is opened by Edward, Prince of Wales 1890

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Damp.

Dank.

Warmish at 16.8 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 inHg, 54% RH.

Thursday.

Woke at 06:01 to my abiding joy, but at least the AA Gill book got itself finished, though how much I retain is debatable.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the grey gloom, which turned out to be pleasant enough.

The oiks had been distributing their junk food wrappers along the road again.

It is justifiable homicide, innit?

Just askin' for a friend.

Lunch: Heinz ham and pea soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Turns out I've watched the Randolph Scott movie "Ride Lonesome (1959)" already.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 84% (83.682%) and stopped because the number of wins was 17,777.

<hiatus>

Minor potching done in the garage, found some stuff I'd long forgotten about.

Attempted to sharpen an old wood chisel with little success, I suspect that a honing guide is necessary. I wonder where I've hidden mine.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the first of the new batch: not as hot as the bol , yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: DS9: the one where Odo & Quark are stranded on a Class L planet & have to climb a mountain.

Traffic Cops, S5, Fatal accident motor biker.

Emergency Road Rescue.

After all of which it's time for sommat a bit lighter: cue the aliens on the moon nutjobs on Blaze.

Oh yessss! We're onto the moon being hollow made by aliens.

Ah. It's a space ship.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2021, 22:35.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

No idea whether the rain turned to snow, but if so it didn't linger. So it's back to grey with a vague dampness out there, 4°C, 1015/1023mB, and a 30% chance of showers at odd times through the day

Started the day by cancelling MyCo's Adobe Creative Suite (or whatever it's called this week) subscription. I never used any of it but Photoshop, and that approximately once a year for about ten minutes; and usually only for things I can do perfectly well in any number of free programs. But you have to cancel when it's due for its annual renewal, otherwise you have to pay some large percentage of the rest of the year anyway in a lump sum; typical SaaS scam. Finally remembered to get rid of it in the month it's due, thereby saving £8.32/month in the future

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

No idea whether the rain turned to snow, but if so it didn't linger. So it's back to grey with a vague dampness out there, 4°C, 1015/1023mB, and a 30% chance of showers at odd times through the day

Started the day by cancelling MyCo's Adobe Creative Suite (or whatever it's called this week) subscription. I never used any of it but Photoshop, and that approximately once a year for about ten minutes; and usually only for things I can do perfectly well in any number of free programs. But you have to cancel when it's due for its annual renewal, otherwise you have to pay some large percentage of the rest of the year anyway in a lump sum; typical SaaS scam. Finally remembered to get rid of it in the month it's due, thereby saving £8.32/month in the future
            Adobe are gits for that. I cancelled a license I didn't need and they reinstated it the following year! I was beyond livid but I did get it cancelled and my money back after much ranting.

Comment

Took a brisk walk round the block to the post box. Not nice out. Cold with a nasty dampness in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Adobe are gits for that. I cancelled a license I didn't need and they reinstated it the following year! I was beyond livid but I did get it cancelled and my money back after much ranting.
                I'll keep an eye on them next year…

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Yeh, got soaking wet walking with loony lady 1 today. Things hung on the dining chairs drying out.
                  You did of course offer to get her out of those wet clothes and huddle together for warmth? Used to work occasionally for me
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'll keep an eye on them next year…
                    Similar happened with FIL, they had set it to automatic renewal and argued he may have used it when we went to cancel it. When sorting his affairs a few months after his funeral. We eventually (having moved my MIL from earshot) pointed out he was unlikely to have used it having been cremated months ago.

Comment

last nights dinner was Ribeye steak with garlic mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and new potatoes washed down with a nice Merlot.

Pudding was an oat cookie.

Comment

Working...
                      X