• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Having been rudely awakened by the dustmen (parklife) I note that is is a cool, damp, misty morning as opposed to the freezing cold frosty start yesterday.

Back down to one client again having binned off Client A at the end of last week due to their refusal to compromise in any way around IR35. Still with Client B, who are promising to do it properly and in the event of an outside determination, pick up all the employers costs plus an uplift on the rate to compensate for other costs. CV being tarted up again in the meantime.

Hedgehog is still refusing to hibernate, pretty sure he's figured out that with unlimited food and water available and a nice safe spot to sleep in there is very little point. He's still putting on weight, so much so that I'm thinking of renaming him MF. Local rescue people advised to hang onto him for a couple more weeks still the insects etc start reemerging before letting him go.

Photo from yesterdays chilly start

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, described as "fog" though as so often that's probably more pertinent out in the county. A mere 2°C so far and not expected to get past 7°; 1024/1031mB on the barometers. But no rain expected

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Don't make mine until just before I get into it. Supposed to reduce the number of dust mites.

Doesn't stop the Dinosaurs though.
        https://dustmitebuster.com/essential...ill-dust-mites

smells nice too.

I normally use Eucalyptus oil, not that I have dust mites but as I say it smells nice, pop it on in the morning.

I do like airing the bed it does help the sheets feel fresh after a sweaty night, assuming you don't have time to wash 5 days a week.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Well, there's that too

Nowt but rewatches here tonight, but good rewatches, starting with Ex Machina (2014), which really is very good indeed

After that, The Sixth Sense (1999), also very good even when one knows… well, to avoid spoilers, best not to say; somebody born a few years before it came out could be approaching their mid-twenties now yet still not know what a treat is in store when they watch it

Finally, back to The Shield: S1E7 Pay in Pain (TV Episode 2002) and S1E8 Cupid and Psycho (TV Episode 2002) which carry on the tradition of being excellent but harsh and brutal; oh, so very harsh and brutal

Goodnight all
          I saw Ex-Machina on Saturday first time, a couple of the 'surprises' were telegraphed but a good film. Superb special effects.

The Sixth sense is always worth a watch. "I see dead people" describes how I feel when driving around at night with people dressed from head to foot in Black and frequently on bikes with no lights leaping out in front of a ton of old car with a 30 year old brake design.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I see dead people too. Oh hang on, that's the mirror.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Copy...Paste
                Copy...Paste
                Copy...Paste
                Copy...Paste
                AAAAARGH
                Delete
                Delete
                Copy...Paste
                Copy...Paste
                Copy...Paste

I have to remind myself I'm paid good money for these cutting edge skills.

Comment

Afternoon

Sunny and cold out.

Todays high is 10 degrees which is the temperature.

Lunch was some crumpets.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Hedgehog is still refusing to hibernate, pretty sure he's figured out that with unlimited food and water available and a nice safe spot to sleep in there is very little point. He's still putting on weight, so much so that I'm thinking of renaming him MF. Local rescue people advised to hang onto him for a couple more weeks still the insects etc start reemerging before letting him go.

Next thing you know he will be writing on here.

More seriously the only time I've seen a hedgehog in recent years was in someone's garden. The hedgehog had moved in because the garden owner was feeding her. I suspect your hedgehog if he's got any sense will do the same.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The bookcase that came away from the wall the other month came away from the wall again

It's supposed to be held to the wall by an L-shaped bracket at the top, screwed to the wall and to the top of the bookcase. This time I faced up to the fact that I'd screwed that bracket to the wall about 2mm too high, which meant it was exerting an angular force on the screw in the bookcase, and after a while that caused the screw to tear out of the veneered chipboard or whatever Ikea make them from.

So this time I went through the whole palaver of drilling a new hole a bit further along at the correct height, which involved removing the bookcase height extension to make room to work, then carting it back up the stepladder and refitting it. And I also found a slightly longer normal screw to replace the Ikea self-tapping chipboard screw. I'm hoping that'll sort it out for good

Comment

Working...
                      X