• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

One hidden benefit of the redesign is that it's responsive, i.e. it adapts to phone screens: everything's in one column, buttons are bigger so they can be tapped more easily, and so on. There's a couple of problems with it at the moment (duplicate pagination at the top of thread pages being one) but it's much more usable in a phone web browser than the old version
      Sorry NickFitz, but it's unusable on a mobile phone (Android using Chrome). The mix of fonts and sizes, and the clickable buttons and their sizes. Tapatalk was one font, and all the additional unrelated bits were just not present - clean interface.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

Sorry NickFitz, but it's unusable on a mobile phone (Android using Chrome). The mix of fonts and sizes, and the clickable buttons and their sizes. Tapatalk was one font, and all the additional unrelated bits were just not present - clean interface.
        But that was a separate app and nothing at all to do with what Nick has been asked to do..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

But that was a separate app and nothing at all to do with what Nick has been asked to do..
          I'm not suggesting it's NF's fault - just about every single forum has Tapatalk integration, which is provides a single pane of glass for users of multiple forums (as an example, I am active on at least 6).

Comment

I'm not suggesting it's NF's fault - just about every single forum has Tapatalk integration, which is provides a single pane of glass for users of multiple forums (as an example, I am active on at least 6).
            So go and hassle admin as it's a commercial decision (to pay Tapatalk money) that he needs to decide upon.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky, dry. A chilly 3 degrees and it'll get up to 11 later. Unlikely to rain. Very light breeze. Barometer has lept up to 1034 mBar.

Pleased that I slept well last night. I did wake up once but got back to sleep quick enough. TFIF.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The United Kingdom reaches its highest ever winter temperature with 21.2oC (70.2oF) at Kew Gardens in London 2019

Comment

Morning.

Intermittently sunny.

Blue sky with odd grey clouds.

Colder at 16.5 deg in here.

1036 mBar, 30.6 inHg, 54% RH.

Friday apparently.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

It's all go here.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM.

Shirts into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, sterilised, dried, and put away.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrison sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (all a bit meh), blackcurrent jam sandwich on same (EOL), yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts out of the TD and awaiting the attention of the iRon.

<hiatus>

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

<hiatus++>

Cottons out of the TD at last.

Next batch of Bol: cooked & packaged up for the freezer.

Next batch of chilli con carne: cooked & packaged up for the freezer.

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell.

Traffic Cops Police Interceptors.

Tea, once I get a round tuit: Tesco breaded haddock, some random yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea

Entertainment: Traffic Cops x 2, the last of which involved some nutjob who refused to give his address, ended up arrested, fingerprinted, and taken to court & fined £215.

NCIS S5 E18 "Judgement Day part one" wherein Jenny gets offed rather than off.

I've watched it & part 2 at least half a dozen times.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 February 2021, 21:20.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny here and starting to warm up after the temperature dropped sharply overnight: currently 4°C heading for 10° later, 1026/1034mB

Injection site is still sore, but I feel OK, or at least I do so far today…

Comment

I've never used Taptatalk, so I wasn't aware it was more like a glass Teletype. Anyway, the mobile design is what the people at vBulletin came up with, so unless CUK is going to hire a designer for a major revamp of it, we're stuck with it.

It's a bit cluttered compared to some mobile sites, which I can try to do something about, but I reckon the powers that be are still going to want the branding and significant interactive features to remain, rather than turning it into a Reader Mode thing

Comment

It means less traffic to the forum and the site in general particularly from autumn onwards when people become more mobile again.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X