• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning? What is this thing of which you speak?

I keep trying to get the wherewithal together to do a before work morning walk as a kind of "fake commute". Never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Morning? What is this thing of which you speak?

I keep trying to get the wherewithal together to do a before work morning walk as a kind of "fake commute". Never happens.
      Yes, I've often thought of doing that because everybody says it's a good idea. But so far, it's remained in the same category as thinking of going to the Moon, except when forced on me like it was today

I realised last night that I'd made a rod for my own back by being so quick to call the GP surgery when I got the text announcing the vaccination session. The text said it was running from 9 to 5, so if I'd waited half-an-hour or so and been willing to sit in the phone queue for a while, I could have ended up going at some civilised time like the middle of the afternoon

Purely by chance, as they had about four rooms going, I ended up getting it from my GP himself. If his previous patient hadn't been an old chap who shuffled out extremely slowly after his jab, the bloke in front of me would have got that room and I would have ended up with somebody else.

Comment

Lunch has been a hot dog, which made a nice change

That was the last of the frankfurters out of the freezer. Must remember to get some more. I wouldn't want to eat them all the time, but now and again they really hit the spot

Comment

Lunch is spicy instant noodles, from the forrin food section of the supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Gosh.

Just noticed that according to the new counting of the posts, I'm 21 posts away from the 300k post!

This new board is so confusing.
            NF needs to fix that!

Comment

NF needs to fix that!
              Just had to get the news section in the sidebar updating correctly; that seems to be working, so I'll get on to that now

Comment

Chicken, Mayo(light) & tomato with a sprinkle of chilli on wholemeal bread. Orange & Banana.
                off to buy victuals.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch is spicy instant noodles, from the forrin food section of the supermarket.
                  Korean noodles of the Spicy kind have been my "go-to" lockdown "low-cal" lunch... I like the extra-spicy and kimchi ones, the most.

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Feeling a bit of a slump coming on, and a mild headache; could just be the result of getting up early, but I suspect the vaccine side effects are kicking in

So I've activated the teapot, as a Nice Cup of Tea is usually, probably always, the best solution

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

Korean noodles of the Spicy kind have been my "go-to" lockdown "low-cal" lunch... I like the extra-spicy and kimchi ones, the most.
                      I prefer the spicy ones.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X