• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry and clear blue sky this morning. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 10) with a forecast high of 15 but cloud cover increasing. Wind is light at present but will get stronger around lunchtime before easing off again early evening. Low chance of rain overnight. Barometer steady at 1022 mBar.

I have two days left to take a photo of something that represents my 'personality' for a photography course I've started. Apparently a taupe wall is not good enough.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Elton John receives his knighthood from HM Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace 1998

Comment

Today's fact from elsewhere

Fred Savage's (of The Wonder Years fame) daughter is called Lily.

The irony is only known by the parents of two children in her class (both of whom are from the UK).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Grey. Dark. Dank. Wet. Murrain of beasts now & again from the racket. Windy. Sunless.

17.7 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.03 inHg, 54% RH.

Wednesday.

WTF is a "zero error" whilst attempting to post?

<hiatus>

Do they charge actual money for this software?

Remarkable if so.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% (of 3 plays, quit whilst you're ahead or you could be there all day).

Lunch: scrambled egg (very leathery indeed for some reason, must have been extra leather in the egg) with poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Currently looking at the tip of a finger wondering quietly to myself if the pinch will turn into another granuloma.

I do so hope not.

In other news the overwhelming greyness seems to be lifting a bit, with distinct hints of something that might be sun in the offing.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the semigale.

Thankfully it was dry.

<hiatus>

Tea: stuff I threw together with a tin of M&S chunky beef BBE 2014, it was reasonable in its way, the remains of a tin of fruit cocktail (still in date, remarkably), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Traffic Police.

Enterprise S2 E2 "Carbon Creek", well it was on again & I like it so WTF?

Abandoned Engineering.

The last of the Devon & Cornwall walks.

25 seconds of the thing about Trump before switching to the last 20 minutes of STNG "11001001" of which I had no recall whatsoever.

The Repair Shop which featured a long case clock that reminded me of the heirloom one I sold at auction for £150.

The eyes are rather unpleasantly itchy this evening which may indicate that the alder catkins are in full bloom.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 February 2021, 22:32.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Pretty mild out now the wind has dropped; 14°C, sunshine diffused rather by thin high cloud, 1008/1016mB. Getting warmer but windy again during the afternoon, then calm again, and a mild night to come

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

WTF is a "zero error" whilst attempting to post?
            God knows. I'll see if there's anything along those lines in the source code

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Been given a crap replacement laptop by those I do work for. It gets hot and crashes. Need to phone up and get a replacement of the replacement.
              Currently doing that.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              See if the WM men will turn up....
              And they did.

Apparently the delay was due to someone deciding to do a 3 point turn on (muddy) grass yesterday in a large truck. The guy doing it was a different guy and wasn't impressed as they had to go and manually try to move the truck.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Do they charge actual money for this software?

Remarkable if so.
                They do

Comment

Considering all the tinkering needed to get the new forum to work properly, one wonders what exactly vB are selling!

Comment

Farting about with small bus. website trying to solve a crazy problem with email going into spam when an almost identical email using another order method was ok. Just putting the same "Thank you for your order" at the top of the email solved it. Crazy! Emails are the biggest nightmares on websites.

Anyway, slightly less boring (or maybe not), walk with loony lady 1 today, same old place.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The lunch of beans on toast that I was supposed to have yesterday has been eaten.

Comment

Working...
                      X