• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk walked, green ring closed

I popped in to the Co-op on the way back. Not doing that at a Friday teatime again; there must have been at least ten people in there, not counting staff, and it's fairly small and cramped so social distancing was but an aspiration for the lot of us

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Walk walked, green ring closed

I popped in to the Co-op on the way back. Not doing that at a Friday teatime again; there must have been at least ten people in there, not counting staff, and it's fairly small and cramped so social distancing was but an aspiration for the lot of us
      Don't they do one in one out?

All my local shops have limits on numbers allowed in.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just cleaned some floors.

Friday nights are so exciting...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They might if it got a bit more crowded, but in theory that number of people could keep apart spread over five aisles; they just don't, or not very well, because at Friday teatime everybody wants the same kind of stuff I suppose, while the dogfood aisle stands empty

Comment

At my local co-op some people talk inside the store leaving people outside to freeze. No consideration....

Comment

I hope it was after a HUGE party. Where was my invite? Actually please don't answer that...

Comment

Bluecrest news regarding my time there. BlueCrest to pay $170m after replacing managers with faulty algo - Citywire.

BlueCrest to pay $170m after replacing managers with faulty algo....investigators found that it had redirected top staff to help run internally owned assets.

I worked on the system for the internally owned assets in 2012/2013. 2012 they had a VERY bad year. Only a 22% return! Most years were 40%+.

I hated the people there. One day I paid a big issue salesman £10 to chat to me for 10 minutes!

Comment

That's a job for this weekend. They've reached the point where I can't stand them any more (which how all of my cleaning gets done; I have never been like my Mum who religiously hoovered the house every Saturday morning)

Comment

Really nice tea: roast gammon, chips, fried eggs, and beans

And despite being huge, it still leaves me well inside my daily calorie limit because I didn't manage to find the time to eat any biscuits or chocolate during the day. Funny how that works

So I might have some cake in a bit

Comment

Heavy on the "previously seen" tonight, starting with Avatar (2009), which I think is wonderful so I don't care what you think

And after that, Columbus Circle (2012); an excellent thriller, which went straight to video because the primary producer was convicted of something (big fraud case I think) and the remaining backers just wanted to get it off their hands. It's a good film and would have done well in the cinema IMHO

Finally, The Shield. Always brutal, then always more brutal than you expected, and then it goes further because it's more like a documentary really: S1E3 The Spread (TV Episode 2002) and S1E4 Dawg Days (TV Episode 2002)

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X