• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: battered cod fillet, chips, and beans

Missed the Mars landing because I was guzzling

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The spiders will come out when the dust settles.
      Having recently watched "Quatermass and the Pit" spiders aren't high on my worry list.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tea: battered cod fillet, chips, and beans

Missed the Mars landing because I was guzzling
      Missed the Mars landing largely because I didn't give a tulip and I was watching "Emergency Road Rescu" instead.

Now watching "Am Dro" wherein we discover that the North Walians can't understand the South Walians.

The words are different apparently.

"Mamgu" is "nain", and "tadgu" is "taid" apparently, which explains some of George Borrow's curious spellings in his book.

One of this lot lost his mother to the chinese plague about 7 months before the filming.

Inneresting "rhiw" means little hill down here whilst "rhyw" means sex up there, and sounds the same to add to the confusion.

The student nurse is a rock climber.

The final contestant took them through a bog to start with, followed by another bog, and finished with a final bog in the Preseli hills.

Another success for NASA.

Which is nice.

The dialects of Wales: How one country has five different words for the same thing - Wales Online

Well rhyw y duck as one might say.

Anyway, the post lady from Anglesey won.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 February 2021, 23:22.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back on the major motion picture mayhem rewatch but now in 4K tonight with Deep Impact (1998), which is the one about a big thing hitting the Earth that's good, but not as good as the other one about the same thing that came out at about the same time. It's good enough though

Goodnight all

Comment

Is it Friday yet?

Comment

@BrilloPad

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              @BrilloPad

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
              Who is the "lucky" recipient of your amour? I am too busy for love. Waiting for the bin men(often there is a woman - there must be a better term?) so I can detrundle/untrundle or whatever.

Life is just one long party....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Who is the "lucky" recipient of your amour? I am too busy for love. Waiting for the bin men(often there is a woman - there must be a better term?) so I can detrundle/untrundle or whatever.

You need "The Cure" and all will be good...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Waste and recycling collection engineer

Comment

Morning all

Dry out, bright but cloudy. Currently 8 degrees and will reach 11 later. There's a 30% chance of rain late afternoon. Barometer up to 1009 mBar.

I have a 'finish at home' meal being delivered from Dishpatch this morning as I felt like treating myself (and avoiding real cooking). It's for two people so will be enough to last me all weekend. I have another one coming next Friday too as I got suckered in by the "buy two, get free delivery" offer which meant I spent lots to save very little. Meh, it's a little thing to help keep a restaurant running.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    William Kellogg and Charles Bolin found the 'Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company' 1906

I wonder where they found it?

Comment

Morning

Grey

Not raining

8 degrees

Feels warmer probably because the wind has changed direction
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X