• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raining a bit here too, off and on

First up on the box tonight was Forensics: The Real CSI - Series 2: Episode 1 on iPlayer, about a particularly nasty murder in Birmingham

And then the Bourne spinoff Treadstone: S1E1 The Cicada Protocol (TV Episode 2019) - IMDb and S2E2 The Kwon Conspiracy (TV Episode 2019) - IMDb. Pure hokum, of course, but entertaining enough as these things go, and Included With Prime™

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Bin trundled. Just one black bag. Damp out still. A light drizzle.
      Hope you enjoyed your birthday, despite the lack of anything more festive than trundling (and lunch cake) to do

Comment

50 years of "Tapestry". Been playing the album (if you can call it that on Spotify) daily since last Friday. Every song is memorable. Thanks Carol King.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Comment

Morning.

Damp

Grey

Colder than yesterday apparently. Warmer than last week.

9 degrees C with a high of 11 degrees
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Dry but overcast. It's currently 10 degrees with a forecast high of 11. Moderate chance of rain this mrning and in theory the sun should make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

Just noticed a small cut on the knuckle of my left index finger. It's nearly healed over so evidently not a new injury. Trying to remember if I've punched anyone lately...

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              James Markham receives the first fruit tree patent for a peach tree 1932

Comment

Today's Brillo Fact : LM was born yesterday.

Copyright Not the nine o'clock news annual I got for Christmas. 1979 or 1980. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Just noticed a small cut on the knuckle of my left index finger. It's nearly healed over so evidently not a new injury. Trying to remember if I've punched anyone lately...
                  I hope you did. Stress is caused by not punching someone who deserves it.

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in it's not raining yet).

Grey.

Damp.

Dark.

Sunless.

Warmer at 17.2 deg in here.

1006 mBar, 29.7 inHg, 51% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

TV Times purchased.

5kg of birdseed purchased and a LED R7S lamp purchased from Wilko.

I've put the lamp in to the portable light that seems to go through those crap B&Q linear bulbs at a rate of knots.

Trouble is I can see the flicker which is annoying.

Walk walked.

Warm enough to require the removal of scarf & gloves when halfway up there.

Irritating family walking up in front which pissed me off a bit.

The boy was obviously "special".

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Lunchtime entertainment: Alixe Bovey's Exploring Mediaeval Britain map programme from 2008.

One is shortly to investigate the presence or absence of the "7 men from now" dvd upstairs.

<hiatus>

Dvd found.

Raining now.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% of 8 plays, running average 84% (83.6%ish).

Afternoon entertainment: more of Alixe Bovey.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Yorkshire police pursuit thing.

Joanna Lumley's Home sweet home.

Ultimate Police Interceptors.

Got bored with that so on we went to "Quatermass & the Pit" not quite to the end but got to the bit with the crane.

I could always extract the dvd & watch that bit.

The Bad Skin Clinic:

Nodular prurigo.

She's got Crohn's disease. Dr reckons it's not Nodular prurigo.

Thinks it's perforating collagenosis, possibly brought on by a drug she took 6 years ago for the crohn's.

Punch biopsy. Lovely.

Creams, cotton gloves, antibiotics, plasters.

Working quite well.

Chap with 23 lipomas.

She's using a punch excision. Haven't seen that before.

This woman really enjoys her job.

Now a poor little sod with Inflammatory linear verrucous epidermal nevus (ILVEN).

Mosaicism.

Creams for now, More Power Igor on the CO2 laser after puberty.

Now a woman with a lipoma on her back.

It's a buffalo hump.

Liposuction! Under GA. Gosh.

She's very pleased.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 February 2021, 22:58.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just investigated some SIT tests(I think that is RAS syndrome?). Its the analytics library - some sort of "zuul" error. I thought that was familiar.

For the youngsters on here(like LM) zuul was a monster from the film GhostBusters. 1984.

Comment

Working...
                      X