• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walked up to the dentist for my 12 month follow up appointment for the root canal treatment done in May 2019.

Bloody cold out. Biting wind.

Now time for some bland soup to finish up the tin.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Now time for some bland soup to finish up the tin.
      Check you can taste and smell normally.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Check you can taste and smell normally.
        Well last night's toad in the hole was tasty (good sausages) and this morning's porridge with maple syrup was nice. I suspect it's the soup's fault.

Update: The soup seems more flavoursome today. I think all the stuff I added in yesterday must have had time to meld into it.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 12 February 2021, 13:34.

Comment

Today's 'only in RBKC' moment...

Multipacks of Evian being delivered from the boot of a Bentley by a suited driver.

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with the last big chunk of multiseed bread

No problem tasting this soup; very zingy indeed

Comment

Lentil soup with wholemeal bread.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The thermometer in here is sasserting that the relative humidity level is "Lo%"

I wonder if that's how it indicates that its battery is low? Or is it just unable to be more precise below a certain level? I suppose if it stops working soon I'll have my answer.

Comment

Someone has dropped off a gift for me. I need to find the caretaker to see if he can tell me who delivered it.

The caretaker doesn't know. It had been left in his shed, next to his washing machine.
                  Mystery solved.

My next door neighbour had left something out in the caretaker's shed for her friend (who has the same first name as me) to pick up. Her friend collected whatever that was and put a gift into the bag for my neighbour to pick up. The caretaker knew nothing about this and, as I'm the only person in the building with my first name, he naturally assumed it was for me. My neighbour has been having kittens over her stuff going missing and is blaming the caretaker.

Comment

Walk briskly (in part) walked, green ring closed

My lower back has been playing up a bit today, and was complaining at the start which slowed me down a bit - about five minutes in, the watch was reporting me only going at over nineteen minutes to the mile. But as it loosened up a bit, I was able to improve and ended up with a round sixteen minutes to the mile by the time I was back, which included a diversion to the Amazon Locker.

Comment

Mystery solved.

My next door neighbour had left something out in the caretaker's shed for her friend (who has the same first name as me) to pick up. Her friend collected whatever that was and put a gift into the bag for my neighbour to pick up. The caretaker knew nothing about this and, as I'm the only person in the building with my first name, he naturally assumed it was for me. My neighbour has been having kittens over her stuff going missing and is blaming the caretaker.

Is it still in a fit state to be returned to her? Or have you eaten it?

Comment

Working...
                      X