• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-vaccine side-effects have presented as headaches, lightheadedness, visual migraine. Will be "Because you're worth it" as L'Oréal have said...

Macron and von der Leyen (apt name) exposed for their greater ineptitude.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Post-vaccine side-effects have presented as headaches, lightheadedness, visual migraine. Will be "Because you're worth it" as L'Oréal have said...

Macron and von der Leyen (apt name) exposed for their greater ineptitude.
      So not due to a heavy night last night?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        So not due to a heavy night last night?
        Ha. Not a drop...!
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning

Hole diggers are still there.

I'm waiting for a car crash in front of the hole due to the way builders and other white vans race to get through the green light.

Warmish out still with today's high of 11 degrees. It is apparently raining and 8 degrees.

A neighbour has decided to do some DIY - more likely something as fallen out of the walls and they are banging it back in. Unfortunately everything needs to be drilled in preferably using a hammer drill.

Client arguing about what software myself and others need to do work. They are trying to save money by telling us to use the free version but PM is standing firm.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey sky with blue bits.

Hints of sun.

Warm in here at 16.8 deg.

993 mBar, 29.32 inHg, 54% RH.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

It rained a bit on the way back down.

Wildlife: two woodpeckers hacking away at a dead tree.

The feathered dinosaurs are in very good voice this morning.

Two jays with their raucous "song" came along too.

Fox trotted across the road a couple of days ago but I forgot to mention it.

Other than that, very quiet.

I think the Apaches are building up to something.

Sun's out now.

I think they'll wait until it's dark.

<hiatus>

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust, very), bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's very April this morning with sun, rain, sun, rain, rinse & repeat.

Dunno what to do this afternoon.

Maybe sort all the hinges collected by Strangelove Pater and Strangelove GrandPater.

Or maybe sort all the vast collection of nails.

<hiatus>

It was hinges, hinges and more hinges.

Why have I ever gone to B&Q to buy a hinge?

I've now got a literal bucket full of the damn things.

Lots of aerial activity today, the chem trails must have been getting too thin.

Some of it was big, too, from the racket it was making above the clouds.

This one looks like it's having fun:

CRIMSON1 Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

I thought, since there was a clear blue sky at 17:30, that I'd have a gander at the ISS as passed overhead.

Naturally enough, with 3 minutes to go, it clouded over & started to rain.

Tea: the last of the roast beef with carrots & onions, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Have I mentioned that I managed not to buy this week's TV Times, rather I bought another copy of last week's by mistake.

Couldn't understand until yesterday evening quite why it seemed so inaccurate.

No Tudur Owen's TV Flashback this week.

Abandoned Engineering at 20:00.

TB hospital in America.

Sardinian lead ore mine built into a cliff.

Ukranian tunnels in Odessa.

It's the tunnels where the Russians resisted the Nazis in WWII and ended up killing each other when they went mad.

1500 miles (!) of tunnels.

The last man standing was shot by the Soviet army.

Japanese big feck off aerial system.

Wotsit's Devon & Cornwall Walks at 21:00 on ITV1+1.

Discovered what Stanley patent number 605333 is after a mere 50 years or so: it's a honing guide for a Stanley plane.

It's puzzled me for years.

Ain't the interweb remarkable?

stanley honing guide | UKworkshop.co.uk

And no, it's not the one in the video.

It's the two in the picture.

Now: "My feet are killing me"

Dear Deity there are things you can't unsee.

I thought the woman with 12 toes was bad until I saw the foot with the wound.

Infected ?keloid? she'd had for 20 years.

Oh, the 12 toe thing is gross: scalpel: not enough, scissors (or whatever): not enough, Igor! pass the bone saw.

And lo! she has 10 toes. 'Kin 'eck.

Meanwhile, toe lady has healed up rather nicely.

Feck me, a chap with "fungus" on his feet, feck me he practically had mushrooms.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2021, 21:59.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Thought it was dry out but then noticed spots of rain on the patio tiles so it does seem to be raining. Currently 8 degrees out and it'll get up to 10 later. Rain expected throughout the morning and may stop this afternoon. Barometer down a smidge to 993 mBar.

Need to do my VAT return. There aren't going to be any more January transactions coming through so I may as well get on with the onerous task of clicking a couple of buttons.

First coffee has gone tepid, much to my chagrin.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Pope Francis arrives in Abu Dhabi on the first ever papal visit to the Arabian Peninsula 2019

Something I'm noticing about this diary is the frequency of the more recent events. Surely there must be something more exciting than that to have happened on this day? I hope next year's diary doesn't focus too much on 2020 events...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Thought it was dry out but then noticed spots of rain on the patio tiles so it does seem to be raining. Currently 8 degrees out and it'll get up to 10 later. Rain expected throughout the morning and may stop this afternoon. Barometer down a smidge to 993 mBar.

Need to do my VAT return. There aren't going to be any more January transactions coming through so I may as well get on with the onerous task of clicking a couple of buttons.

First coffee has gone tepid, much to my chagrin.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Pope Francis arrives in Abu Dhabi on the first ever papal visit to the Arabian Peninsula 2019

Something I'm noticing about this diary is the frequency of the more recent events. Surely there must be something more exciting than that to have happened on this day? I hope next year's diary doesn't focus too much on 2020 events...
                Wikipedia has an "on this day" feature n the front page. According to that on February Third:

The Feast day of Saint Laurence of Canterbury (Western Christianity); Mother's Day in Iran (2021); Four Chaplains' Day in the United States (1943)
                1266 – Mudéjar revolt: James I of Aragon entered the Muslim-held city of Murcia, conquered following its surrender three days earlier.
                1781 – Fourth Anglo-Dutch War: British forces captured the Dutch island of Sint Eustatius after a brief skirmish.
                1986 – Steve Jobs (pictured) purchased Pixar from Lucasfilm and launched it as an independent computer-animation studio.
                2014 – Russia's first school shooting took place when a student opened fire at School No. 263 in Moscow, resulting in the deaths of a teacher and a police officer.
                [Births/deaths] Scipione Rebiba (b. 1504)Isaac Baker Brown (d. 1873)Dolly Rudeman (b. 1902)
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well I was going to save that little job for a very dull meeting this afternoon but you've beaten me to it

Comment

Pain killers kicking in now. I might be able to walk beyond the front door in a while....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Pain killers kicking in now. I might be able to walk beyond the front door in a while....

Comment

Working...
                      X