• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How is that working out?
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2856661

If you let that prize idiot upset you - stay clear. Until Monday Links.
    Some people are just unavoidable

Comment

Well my grumpy day isn't getting any better.

Had to post some test items up at the post office on the High Street. Left to time my arrival for 0900. It's closed until 0930 due to staff shortages and there was already a long queue.

So I walked back home again.

Finally made a coffee. Maybe that'll cheer me up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Some people are just unavoidable
        Thats what I say when driving at 60mph down the high street.

Comment

Thats what I say when driving at 60mph down the high street.
          On the pavement, I hope?

Comment

Nearly forgot to invoice!

Haha, only kidding. I NEVER forget to invoice or complete any tasks upon which successful payment is dependent.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Nearly forgot to invoice!

Haha, only kidding. I NEVER forget to invoice or complete any tasks upon which successful payment is dependent.
              Getting timesheet signed? I always found the best way was to ask boss to sign when they are heading for the toilet...

Comment

Getting timesheet signed? I always found the best way was to ask boss to sign when they are heading for the toilet...
                We don't have to get them signed - the consultancy manages that for us - but they do have to be submitted on time.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cold at 15.8 deg in here.

997 mBar,29.44 inHg, 54% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glittering in the darkness off the Tannhauser Gate again.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Very pleasant and quite bracing.

Excitement on the road with a farm tractor manoeuvring to get up a remarkably awkward farm access that required 3 pointing to get up it & 3 pointing when back down again.

The oiks had done their usual of depositing junk food wrappers everywhere.

And the council were busy repairing the drain I keep complaining about at the top of the hill by the cemetery

Lunch: Scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust, very thick), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

More tinsheddery undertaken: today's endeavour involved vacuuming out 60 odd years of cobwebs & similar detritus, moving stuff about, cleaning out an old metal cupboard, and painting the tinsheets next to the downlights so more light gets reflected where I need it.

I used Wilko exterior masonry paint which was left over from painting the porch. The same paint that killed my maidenhair fern and the miniature rose.

Now having a rest in the warm coz it's not at all warm out there.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: so far nothing.

NCIS S16 E2 "Love thy neighbour", which, it would appear, was shown on Sky after I'd cancelled the subscription.

It's the season after Abby has left.

Followed by an ep from S11 when she hadn't.

It's pissing down now.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 February 2021, 23:35.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

grey
                    king billy
                    february
                    Monday.

did y'all miss me while i was away?

Comment

Morning denizens

Seemed like another gloomy grey day about twenty minutes ago, but it's suddenly turned sunny and the patch of sky I can see without bothering to get up has nothing but a few mere wisps of cloud left

Currently 2°C with 4° expected; barometric pressures are 987/995mB.

I missed a call from the GP's surgery earlier, then got a text asking me to call them back, so I did. No vaccine though, it's just time for the annual blood tests. So I'll have to have my tea at a slightly more normal time on Thursday in order to put in the requisite twelve hours of fasting before making the perilous journey next door for 9:30am on Friday

They always offer really early times for fasting blood tests, the official explanation being that it's so you don't have to delay your breakfast for too long. Apparently many people are likely to wither and die if they can't get their Crunchy Nut down by ten in the morning. I once tried to explain to them that I'd be fine coming at eleven or even later for such tests as I didn't have dinner early and didn't really have breakfast at all, but they looked at me as if I was speaking in Icelandic and insisted on booking me in for 8:30am or some ungodly hour like that, so now I just take the latest time they offer (today's alternative was 8:45am)

Comment

Working...
                      X