• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Grey.

Snowless.

Notso windy.

Dry.

Cold. 16.5 deg in here.

Sunday.

999 mBar, 29.5 inHg, 55% RH.

Sleep was reasonably satisfactory though the dreams were weird.

<hiatus>

It's snowing.

<hiatus>

It doesn't sound much like snow.

Walk walked.

It's cold out there and windy with it.

Brrrrrr.

<hiatus>

Lunch: roast beef, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It was ok in its way, though the beef was a bit touch and feck nose exactly wot I did wrong with the gravy.

The snow has turned to rain, which is fine by me.

Meanwhile we're down to 993 mBar, 29.32 inHg.

How the feck does one measure a column of Hg to 3 decimal places? Just askin' like.

Like this, apparently:

https://www.jma.go.jp/jma/jma-eng/jm...5-Pressure.pdf

Tapping the face of the aneroid barometer really is a thing.

House roughly vacced for the sake of doing something.

Freecell score: 100% of 4.

Tea: Heinz carrot & corriander soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

The ponytail has gone, couldn't stand it any longer.

Entertainment: 3 eps of Abandoned Engineering.

The Curse of Oak Island with the assorted nutjobs:

They're examining the hand hewn timbers that came up in the latest grab, with Roman numerals.

Plus the pick they found last week.

Gary just found an iron bar in the latest grab, ? crowbar ?

Next day: off to see the blacksmith at the New Ross museum with the pry bar.

He reckons it's something knocked into the wall to hold sommat up.

The next thing, the "pck" is in fact a rock hammer, designed for working in confined spaces.

It could have been made all the way back in the middle ages.

Might be a tool originally used to dig the money pit.

Bit cheaper than the milllion $ stuff they're using to dig it all up again.

Latest grab: they find a little piece of rope on the wash table, and ? coconut fibre ?

Now a bit of ?concrete?.

Grab At 160 feet: chunk of timber with a nail in it.

The excitement is palpable.

And up comes a shield (a chunk of metal) from the Chapel shaft.

The pressure in the machine just increased 100% and broke something.

The can won't go down easily any more.

The grab is bringing up nothing much.

Since that's not doing much they're off to Lot 25, Samuel Ball's lot where there's some proper archaeology going on.

They're doing 3' x 3' test pits.

Without using a jcb.

Chap has found the remains of a hinge, no doubt whatsoever that it must be from a treasure chest.

Meanwhile Dr Spooner is working on the paved area in the swamp, taking samples of wood from a tree that was killed when the swamp was created.

On Lot 25 one of the test pits is getting rather deep, and they find a cavity which they're going to stick a camera down into to see if it's manmade.

It lines up with an anomaly on the GPR survey.

Gary's getting really excited.

They've got the Septic (Tank) Doctor to put his sewer camera down the hole.

Which finds nothing much of innerest really.

I think it's a drain.

Yet more unbelievable excitement next week.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 January 2021, 21:58.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bells on Sunday, again...

Due to much tiredness, still lazing in bed.

"The Fall" has been particularly good. Gillian Anderson much better than in X-Files.

The flat-iron on the braai for "Steak Saturday" was truly one of the tastiest in the current season (started 2nd January). Soy, crushed garlic and vegetable oil marinade. 3 minutes a side on Dante's Inferno heat level. Russian potato salad, steamed greens.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful sunny day: blue sky, wispy cloud and dry. A bit parky at 3 degrees ('feels like' 1) currently and a high of 4. Due to cloud over later and there will be showers that could be rain, could be snow. The weather app has hedged its bets on that front. Barometer up to 1001 mBar.

HWMBO tested negative for you-know-what so his ex is allowing the kids to return to him today. He wonders if he should have made them take a test too (I say yes but he's nicer than me). She's previously never been too concerned about his travels down here so it was all a bit peculiar.

I have rediscovered porridge (as in the oats, not the TV show). Just the quick, instant variant to which one adds milk and puts into the poppity ping for 2 minutes. I knew the ratio of oats to milk they suggest was off but tried it anyway yesterday. As expected I ended up with a warm oaty milkshake. Today I halved the amount of milk and got a much better consistency. I like porridge you can almost slice, not drink A little dollop of maple syrup and I'm a very happy bunny.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            'Ham' the chimpanzee becomes the first primate in space aboard Mercury-Redstone 2 1961

Comment

My sofa blanket is in the WM as it was in dire need of a clean. Will have to use my back up blanket this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I have rediscovered porridge (as in the oats, not the TV show). Just the quick, instant variant to which one adds milk and puts into the poppity ping for 2 minutes. I knew the ratio of oats to milk they suggest was off but tried it anyway yesterday. As expected I ended up with a warm oaty milkshake. Today I halved the amount of milk and got a much better consistency. I like porridge you can almost slice, not drink A little dollop of maple syrup and I'm a very happy bunny.
                Abomination!!
                1x oats, 2x milk, good pinch of salt.
                that's PROPER porridge.
                only southern softies put anything sweet near it.

HTH

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  HWMBO tested negative for...
                  IQ

[emoji3]
                  Last edited by SimonMac; 31 January 2021, 12:33.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Evap, salt and honey in mine. Only add salt after it has cooked, otherwise the oats don't cream. I learned that from one of the judges at The World Porridge championship.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Abomination!!
                      1x oats, 2x milk, good pinch of salt.
                      that's PROPER porridge.
                      only southern softies put anything sweet near it.

HTH
                      I am a southern softie so my recipe is perfect for my delicate constitution

Comment

Working...
                      X