• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pavements were a bit too snowy - or probably icy - for me today
    I have no idea what state the pavements were in round my way today.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I only examined the ones here from a distance, and (except when I popped out the back earlier and had a glance down the alley to the side road at the far end of the terrace) from behind glass

Comment

Bulb's just gone in the living room; the main ceiling light. I've been waiting for that for a couple of years, as now I can get one of those daylight bulbs from the hardware shop over the road

Not sure how long that bulb's been up there. Probably about ten years.

Anyway, I have a couple of freestanding uplighters at opposite ends of the room, one of which alone is quite enough light. So no rush.

Comment

Bulb's just gone in the living room; the main ceiling light. I've been waiting for that for a couple of years, as now I can get one of those daylight bulbs from the hardware shop over the road

Not sure how long that bulb's been up there. Probably about ten years.

Anyway, I have a couple of freestanding uplighters at opposite ends of the room, one of which alone is quite enough light. So no rush.
          I'll remind you when the next pali arrives.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The bedroom was down to 9°C when I finally remembered I'd left the window open

I daresay it'll warm up now the window's closed and the door to the living room open

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Around me if they were in the shade they had ice on, but if they were in the sun there was no ice.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Back to Bron/Broen tonight with S3E7 and S3E8

The bedroom's up to just over 16°C now, which is fine

Goodnight all

Comment

The bedroom's up to just over 16°C now, which is fine

Goodnight all
                  Good choice! I'm about halfway through S2 at the moment (for the first time). Gripping stuff.

Comment

Morning all

What's up with the web forum interface? Keeps timing out.

Anyway, dry and sunny out. Currently 1 degree and will reach 6 later when it clouds over and rain expected. Barometer has lept up to 1017 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Mary Decker becomes the first woman to run a mile in under 4.5 minutes 1980

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Wet.

Raining.

Sunless.

Cold. 14.7 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 inHg, 53% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

The R4 local transmitter's gone off.

Silence reigns! (or is it rains? Whatever, quiet has descended).

<hiatus>

And at 10:20 it's back.

Essential Engineering apparently.

Must have changed the hamster in the wheel.

<hiatus>

Must get really crowded in Ystad at times what with all these murders, murderers, and detectives jamming up the place.

Walk walked, shorter so no pitstop which meant I was busting by the time I got back down.

Pavements really lethal in places, but I managed to make it without the indignity of falling on my arse at any point in the proceedings.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, 2 x blackcurrant jam sandwiches on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And the transmitter for R4 was back on, so the story at noon got listened to.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84%.

Well what else is there to do on a miserable cold raw unpleasant day like this one?

To confirm the miserable cold raw unpleasantness, just filled the bird feeders, inspected the inside of the tin shed which is quite damp due to its temperature and the endless drizzle.

The garage is wet, resembling an otter's pocket & I've just had the bright idea of fitting internal guttering to the roofing joists which seem remarkably wet since I used that expanding foam stuff which was plainly Not A Good Idea.

Now very tempted to nail tin sheeting to the walls since that will stop the breeze blocks soaking up every drop of rain that falls, being impermeable, like.

The shed next door wasn't quite as bad.

The laughable thing is my dear nephew has the idea that he'll "get someone to connect up the power to the shed and the garage again".

This from someone who can't mow his own fecking lawns, put a lampshade up, or hang curtains.

<hiatus>

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Feck nose at the moment.

Something's killing me: Rat lungworm this week. Trust me you really don't want to watch that.

Maybe the thing about the Red Chinese Plague on BBC2 at 21:00 would have been a better option.

The Bad Skin Clinic at 22:00 on Quest Red.

Chap with seborrheic dermatitis not rosacea.

Lotions, and break out the laser.

It's pulsed dye laser treatment. That's gonna sting.

Which has worked rather well, his skin is skin coloured rather than bright red.

Chap with bumps on his head: big bumps.

This woman really enjoys her job.

Possibly pilar cysts. Very Big pilar cysts.

She's looking forward to this.

The next one gets The Money Shot. Pus everywhere.

A pilar cyst with a baby pilar cyst next to it.

The one on the back of his head is full of runny stuff.

Gosh what a whopper.

Next: a woman covered in spots.

Indolent systemic mastocytosis.

Not curable, just treatable. Nasty. Very. Genetic mutation.

Changed diet & regimen has improved things.

Now a chap with a fair size lipoma on his shoulder.

She's keen on this one too.

His tat makes it a bit more tricky.

Lipoma looked like fatty bubble wrap.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 January 2021, 22:58.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X