• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching stuff on Dave.

I keep noticing how close together people are.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bells on Sunday.

Listened to "Voices from The Ghetto". Harrowing. The Documentary - Voices from the Ghetto - BBC Sounds
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
        Is that route affected by all the fences which have gone up at Porridge Pot Hill ? Used to ride over that way but haven't been over for a year or so.
        Not the bit we rode - Red Road to Deepcut side. The new housing estate starts after the Garrison Church opposite Deepcut Café.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning denizens

Extended family Zoom call done

Grey day out, and it was -1°C when I got up, though now it's 0°C. It was only 15° in the living room at 8am, but it's up to 18° now. Pressure: 985/993mB. There's a 70% chance of snow for the rest of the morning, then 60% for the afternoon, gradually tailing off through the evening; the weather radar suggests the front is just about to arrive, with the snowiest part getting here around 11am

Comment

Snow falling on Cedars...

Comment

Feeling quite peckish. I'm not used to being up at this time on a Sunday

Might have a fry-up… after all, weekend calories don't count

Comment

Morning.

The forecast snow arrived earlier.

CBS.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 15 deg C.

995 mBar, 29.38 inHg, 54% RH.

Sunday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked wearing the long passed their best walking boots which at least have some grip in the conditions.

About 2 or 3" of snow, which is melting well.

Insufficiently cold to freeze much of the mud.

Lunch: Heinz Lentil soup with Morrisons multiseed bread, blackcurrant jam on crust of same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Front path cleared, the rest of it can stay.

Was very grey but it's brightening up now.

<hiatus>

Even greyer now and it's raining.

Afternoon entertainment in the overwhelming grey: "84 Charing Cross Road (1987)" with Ann Bancroft and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

I do like that film, the contrast between the bright shiny New York and the bombed to tulipe & gone London is quite moving.

<hiatus>

Tea: roast chicken breast with cumberland sausage and thick cut rashers of bacon, a yog, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:
                That weird Welsh prog "Am Dro" which I find reasonably amusing: today: Llyn Peninsula, Carreg Cennen, Penarth, and somewhere in the north east: Loggerheads country park, Mold.

the Oak Island nutjobs at 21:00, with the WWWC's avatar doing his take on Oak Island at 22:00.

Results in for the geotechnical investigation: new location indicated by a "teardrop" on the scan results giving a new location to drill, slightly off the H8 can of last year.

While the treestump they found in the eye of the swamp may be a cork oak, native to Portugal, and different from the other oak trees "canopy oaks" on the island.

The Restalls are back on the island.

They're looking at the recent objects that have been discovered.

And they've brought an oak leaf & some acorns that Restall Pater found in an excavation on the beach.

The shack the two boys lived in back in the 60s still exists though it's been moved.

It's going to be restored as a historical object.

It was also pissing down when they visited.

The botanist is taking a look at the oak leaf & acorns.

The Restalls are having the can named RF1 in their honour.

And they're starting the machine doing the digging.

And guess wot: it's bringing up shedloads of wood.

They metal detect then take it a wash table & look for stuff that stands out.

This week's find: a chunk of pottery.

Followed by Gary finding a pickaxe brought up from 90 feet deep.

Coming up: More wood.

Big Wood. Hand cut wood. Doweled wood.

Hand cut doweled wood with Roman numerals. Spooky.

Next week: they find More Wood. Odd that.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2021, 21:58.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rarely have nightmares but had one last night where I was trapped in a small space. Felt a bit anxious when I woke up so went downstairs to watch TV for a bit. When I turned it on it was showing news about those Chinese miners!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

It's dull out but dry. Overcast. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -1) and my weather app says it's snowing (it isn't). Snow due until lunchtime when it will switch to rain and then back to snow around sunset. So, some form of precipitation due all day.

Taking HWMBO to the airport in a couple of hours or so. Freezer nicely stocked up.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    'Kreuger' first started selling canned beer in Richmond, Virginia, United States 1935

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Rarely have nightmares but had one last night where I was trapped in a small space. Felt a bit anxious when I woke up so went downstairs to watch TV for a bit. When I turned it on it was showing news about those Chinese miners!
                      All hail the mighty prophet xog!

Comment

Working...
                      X