• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Does anyone else get odd sounds in their house they can't track down? Just before I got up I heard a short ring in the bedroom, the sound wasn't like my phone or any other devices. Then a few times this morning, downstairs and up, hearing a rhythmic tap that gradually fades out. Can't figure where it's coming from, hear nowt outside.
    Yes. There was a <ping> in the kitchen but I couldn't find out whence it came.

The next day I found the pyrex(tm) jug in the kitchen cupboard had cracked into 3 pieces.

Plus there's all sorts of creaks from the central heating as it comes on & goes off.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Coming from the person who led tpd in terms of posts for ages that is rich.

Are you menopausal or something?
      Very probably. Being awakened at 06:57 by some scamming **** on the phone didn't exactly help.

The days of Diver etc. are long gone.

At least Diver was inneresting.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Does anyone else get odd sounds in their house they can't track down? Just before I got up I heard a short ring in the bedroom, the sound wasn't like my phone or any other devices. Then a few times this morning, downstairs and up, hearing a rhythmic tap that gradually fades out. Can't figure where it's coming from, hear nowt outside.
        Yes, there was something this very morning! It sounded like a single alarm 'ping' but not one that would have been issued by any of mine or HWMBO's devices.

Comment

And a zenchury?

Comment

Comment

Morning denizens

The threatened snow hasn't arrived so far, and is now down to a 30% chance in the next hour after which it would immediately turn to rain

Temperature today is a slightly warmer 2°C, air pressure 1007/1015mB

Comment

No trundling for me last night or today. If you recall, I trundled forth the recycling bin the other day because it was already full, and when I checked the replacement yesterday it was still empty. So I didn't have to bother

Comment

Afternoon.

Though I was awake early this morning.

Is it daylight yet?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Very probably. Being awakened at 06:57 by some scamming **** on the phone didn't exactly help.
                    Sorry about that. I will try to scam you much later in the day next time. Like when your knee is not hurting....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      And a zenchury?

Comment

Working...
                      X