• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been getting on with "killer in my village". About murder in Windsor in 1981. About half a mile from where I used to live.

Comment

Anniversary today. What a lucky man I am. Went for a lunchtime walk with Mrs Scruff through the woods.

Dinner if fish fingers with home made ratatouille. Dessert is orange jelly made with whipped evaporated milk whisked into it. Yummy childhood meal.

Might have a Scotch, or a bottle of Cremant...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Been getting on with "killer in my village". About murder in Windsor in 1981. About half a mile from where I used to live.
        It was the biggest death in Windor since John Bonham died at Jimmy Paige's place...

Comment

It was the biggest death in Windor since John Bonham died at Jimmy Paige's place...
          Post #339339

Comment

Tomorrow is holiday

Comment

Tomorrow is holiday
              I carried over 5 days from 2020. I could have carried 10. So 4 more days to use before June 30th. On top of the 25 for this year...

Comment

NickFitz Posts 35,257
                BrilloPad Posts 34,930

All that drivelling and I am still 327 posts behind....

Comment

NickFitz Posts 35,257
                  BrilloPad Posts 34,930

All that drivelling and I am still 327 posts behind....
                  I remember the good old days when that was just a days drivel....

Comment

I've never tried writing an Apple Watch app before, but somebody on Twitter was going on about the Pomodoro technique, where you work for so many minutes then take a break for so many, and I thought it might be worth a try. So I fired up Xcode, and in less than an hour I had a working app for my watch that times twenty-five minutes when you press a button, then switches to a screen saying "Take a break!" with an alert sound and vibration. Then you tap the button on that screen and it goes back ready to start again

You can't currently configure the work time and break time durations, and it needs to be able to time the break and tell you when to get back to work, but I thought it was remarkably easy to get something basic but useful working

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X