• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They don't even do that - that's what speed cameras are for....
    I was pulled by a real policeman a couple of years ago. After he read me my rights I refused to say anything - he was most upset. I refused to sign the piece of paper he gave me "show me where it says I have to sign it". He ordered a PNC check on me. Made I lauf....

Comment

Lamb scouse for tea, with a thick end of sesame bloomer

Comment

Duck for dinner. Yum. The dish has got a fancy pants name but I don't remember it.

Watching MasterChef on catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Big shout out for today's sky movie premiere - redemption. Very unusual when neither Ms BP or I can predict what will happen next. Very well written, acted and very atmospheric. Edge of seat stuff for us!
          This one? Redemption (2020) - IMDb

Comment

Watched Wild Rose on the Netflix this evening

Wild Rose (2018) - IMDb

Good it was, too.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture was The Day After Tomorrow (2004), in which it gets a bit chilly despite the politicians' brave stance against the dangerous nonsense the scientists peddle about it being likely to get a bit chilly. All good clean fun

In a case of life imitating art, it's already down to -1°C here, and forecast to get down to -3°

But at least I remembered to shut the bedroom window, so it's not as chilly as it has been in there the last few nights

Goodnight all

Comment

Word of the day is "Ubuntu"

Enjoy the last few hours of 2020
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Very frosty.

Cold in here at 15.1 deg.

Blue sky in parts with fluffy yellow clouds.

1006 mBar, 29.7 inHg, 57% RH.

Thursday apparently.

<hiatus>

Further examination has revealed that it's snowed a little.

<hiatus>

Sun's out.

Parcel has been delivered.

Off out for a walk next.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Glorious sunny day and very cold with it.

A few sheltered spots were pleasant in the sunshine, others not so much.

Openreach were busy closing the road again today but I soldiered on to the old car park (disused since they chopped all the trees down) to have a gander at the snow like up the valley, this being slightly lower than it was yesterday.

In a sign of frost pocketry, the first pond was frozen in places whereas all the others were ice free.

Lunch: Heinz Carrot and corriander soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

More tinsheddery undertaken, the work bench is now approaching complete.

Amazed by the increase in stability provided by some diagonal braces, the sideways wobble just disappears.

It's also extremely cold out there now, with the garden path well on the way to turning into a skating rink.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, couple of yogs that needed eating, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD but PBS has got something about The Poison Squad at 20:40 which may or may not be inneresting.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts into the WM.

The TD went from 2 minutes left to 1:35, so I gave up & stuck the shirts in with the smalls.

It'll take much the same sort of time and by then the cottons will be ready to go in.

Shirts & smalls out of TD.

Cottons in the TD.

Shirts ironed and airing on the bedroom picture rails, whilst the smalls are airing in the front bedroom.

The cottons are awaited momentarily.

"The Poison Squad" on PBS was rather inneresting.

Formaldehyde in milk & canned meat, copper sulphate sulfate in green veg to make them greener, potassium chromate in something unspecified, alum in flour as a whitener, salicylic acid in all sorts of things: wine, beer, canned fruit.

And all totally legal.

Remarkable.

I forgot about the borax.

Some feckwhit was letting off fireworks at 23:00.

It was either a feckwhit or a B*****r, not that there's much difference really.

TD still going: now it's up to 1:11 from the previous 35 mins.

Now watching "Abandoned Engineering" which has featured the mandatory visit to the Nazi Olympic village just to get some pictures of dear old Adolph in the prog.

Then some Caribbean leper colony, now some wrecked crane ship.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 December 2020, 23:36.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all.

Clear and dry. King Billy out there at -1 degree and a high of 2 forecast. No precipitation expected. Barometer up to 1005 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    China's ban on ivory trade comes into effect 2017

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture was The Day After Tomorrow
                      Quite good but but too much nonsense. A bloke steps out of a helicopter and freezes within seconds. If you were naked in the coldest part of the Antarctic it would take a bit longer than that. Then they are all racing to escape from the encroaching cold in a big New York brownstone building. If you put a building like that in air at absolute zero it would still take quite a while to freeze right through.

Still there are worse. Can't remember what the film was called now but some people were lost in an underground cave trying not to fall into a stream that was 180'C or summit like that.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X