• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My pain killing injection from early DEcember is wearing off fast. Even super strong painkillers/anti-inflammitaries cannot stop the pain. Looks like walking will be reduced today. And soon I will be desk bound again.
    Wossup?

Comment

Morning all

CBS in shiny sarf herts
      Sunday, apparently
      meh.

Comment

Popped up to the Co-op as I needed a couple of leeks for the turkey soup. I was hoping they might be flogging off tins of Celebrations and suchlike cheap, as they have done in previous years, but it looks like they finally ordered the correct amount and got rid of them all before Christmas.

Anyway, the veg and turkey thigh bones are now in the slow cooker. Give them a few hours and I can strip the remaining meaty bits off the bones, shred the meat I've taken off and reserved, blend the veg, and get the soup proper made

I'm about to eat a pear from that fruit basket. I haven't had a pear in ages, as I'm not that fussed about them. They're often too hard, or alternatively they just go straight from hard to rotting, but this one feels OK.

We had a number of pear trees in the garden when I was a kid, but even with them literally hanging there for the taking I seldom bothered; I preferred raiding the plum trees

Comment

The earlier cloud has gone and there's blue sky, sunshine and fluffy clouds scurrying along. It doesn't seem too windy at ground level from what I can see.

Comment

William Pears are the ones to go for...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Decided I hadn't listened to Relics for far too long so that's now having a blast

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                The earlier cloud has gone and there's blue sky, sunshine and fluffy clouds scurrying along. It doesn't seem too windy at ground level from what I can see.
                It's calm here, and continues to be sunny

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  William Pears are the ones to go for...
                  No idea what kind this one was, but it was nice enough as pears go

The ones we used to have would have been some Laxton's variety, as the land used to be Laxton's orchards, and the house was originally the home of the Mr. Laxton who finally sold the land for development. The story we heard was that his son was killed in a plane crash around 1949 or 1950 and, with nobody to inherit the business, he gave up and sold up. He kept that plot to have a house built for himself, and had trees from the orchards put in the garden. So as a teenager (we moved there when I was thirteen), the only apples and pears I ate were whatever Laxton varieties we had growing out there

Comment

Though according to Wikipedia, his son was killed by one of the very few German bombs to fall on Bedford in WWII, and he died in 1951 which was about the time the house was built. So who knows?

Either way, we had the last of the original Laxton trees

Comment

my amazon package, due Thurs 31st, is arriving today!
                      so now i'll have to piss about with toy computers.
                      (new 1TB SDD for the OS drive, so i'll have to stick it in the DVD drive slot, clone the OS, and then swap with the 256GB existing C: drive)
                      deep joy.
                      , then probably

and i'll replace the DVD drive on an old laptop with the 256GB SDD and stick Linux on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X