• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In less cheerful news, someone went shopping on my Capital on Tap card overnight at saksfifthavenue.com and spent over £4.5k! It's a pending charge so the card company say they can't do anything. I want to know how they gave approval for it without sending me a SMS that they say is a secure way of validating online purchases...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      FEWER!

or lesser if you feel superior!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Generally cloudy out, though the sun just found a slightly thinner patch to shine through for a couple of minutes, rather wanly it must be said; it's fading again now

It's 9°C out there and only 16° in here, so the fire is going on. Dry at the moment but with a damp feel, and rain will almost certainly be arriving shortly and staying for the afternoon

I've learned that the disparity between the barometer app and the weather app in reporting pressure is almost certainly down to whether it's the actual pressure or the pressure adjusted for altitude above sea level. Going with the actual pressure it's 994, adjusted it's 1002 for the barometer app and 1003 for the weather app, which puts them in agreement within a moderate margin of error

Comment

Credit card cancelled as it seems someone in the US has been trying to go shopping at Target and Apple before hitting the big time in Saks.

Comment

Credit card cancelled as it seems someone in the US has been trying to go shopping at Target and Apple before hitting the big time in Saks.

Had my card cloned in South Africa and they ordered a Macbook, I reported it and told them to cancel, Apple knowing it was a Fraud still sent me the computer. Took ages to sort out.

Compare & contrast I booked a plane ticket to Germany and the credit card comany decided to decline the transaction on the grounds me flying to Germany for work was unusual, they were happy with me flying to the USA, France, Holland, Italy ,South Africa, Dubai, Scotland and Ireland (in the 5 years before) but the home of the Bratwurst was too much.

Annoyingly the company travel agent didn't tell me it had been declined and when I chased the ticket they said "oh it was declined" It will cost £50 more now its closer to the date.

So I complained, explained that I was going to Germany on business could they put a note on the file. and had to explain to my new German boss why the ticket was £50 more expensive as it was two days later.

I flew over and after a week in Germany I had to pay the hotel bill of a few hundred quid. Card declined again luckily I had another card.

Credit card companies make some organisations look good.

They have got better and now send me an SMS if they spot suspicious activity.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Least your card is being used in decent places.

Last time someone cloned one of my cards they brought a £12 National Express ticket.

Then they tried to use it on the Argos website and failed which was why I was alerted.

Oh and afternoon.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Popped down for the post, and the Christmas Private Eye has arrived

And then popped out the back to check the gate, whereupon it immediately started raining on me

Just a shower though, so far.

Comment

And before that, lunch: bacon butties, being a couple of rashers of smoked back on sesame bloomer, the latter quickly fried lightly on the inside in the fat left after cooking the bacon

Comment

Just here to laugh at the f**ktards in general. A bit like taking one of those tours of the Asylum one could do in Victorian times.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Just here to laugh at the f**ktards in general. A bit like taking one of those tours of the Asylum one could do in Victorian times.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X