• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    And it has now - so I have one happy nephew....

Comment

Luckily people have brought out B&Q and Wilko's so loads of Christmas lights and random trees decorated to cheer up the greyness
      People down our road have really gone to town with the lights this year. Most, apart from a few miserable old gits like me, much earlier than usual. Brought some more lights at garden centre earlier, put them all up tomorrow.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The video on this article is interesting in describing how they cracked the zodiac killer's code. I wonder if they will ever figure out who it was?

Zodiac Killer cipher is cracked after eluding sleuths for 51 years | Ars Technica

Comment

Raining again

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Discovered there's a solar eclipse over Antarctica on 4 December next year so now figuring out if I want to drop 11k on an Antarctic cruise
            Solar Eclipse Cruise to Antarctica, Falklands and South Georgia | Hurtigruten UK
            Properly easier than trying to get into an EU country.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I had some beef mince and veg that needed using up so I've made a couple of small cottage pies. I'll probably have one for dinner today and the other in the week.

Now to decide what to do with some pork mince. I fancy something spicy for that.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I've a rule to not drink Bells unless it's offered in someone else's house. Other better whiskys are available.
                Funny old world. I've about a dozen single malts, but my "go to" is always Bells[emoji2400] and soda, 3 blocks ice.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Funny old world. I've about a dozen single malts, but my "go to" is always Bells[emoji2400] and soda, 3 blocks ice.
                  I have a large amount (4 full litre bottles) of Johnny Walker Blue from when it was €120 a bottle in Schipol
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Chicken soup started in the InstantPot™ - it'll be the zingy tomato one this time

Comment

Lucky you ^

Kilo of rump, browned off in lab with garlic and thyme. Red wine, shallots, tomatoes, more garlic, vinegar. Deglaze.

Thin slice potatoes, olive oil placed around edges of roaster, steak at bottom. Sauce over, roast in oven 60 minutes.

Bitoque Deluxe version.

Very nice it was too. Rioja Crianza was the fitting wine to cut the fat.

Burp whilst catching up Valhalla Murders final episodes. No spoilers from me...
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X