• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams is crashing around UK and Europe.

There's no link to people not getting vaccinated and Bill Gates getting upset.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Teams is crashing around UK and Europe.

There's no link to people not getting vaccinated and Bill Gates getting upset.
      Found the culprit

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

We have a Christmas quiz this afternoon between us consultancy sorts and the client. I need to find a good 'bah humbug' Teams background.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I reported it 2.5 hours ago, half an hour after that it was a UK only issue.

Microsoft 365 Service health status
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Walk walked wherein it rained up me.

Maybe wear bicycle clips?

Comment

Teams and its sharepoint back end, I believe. We were having trouble submitting our timesheets via Project Online too.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Teams and its sharepoint back end, I believe. We were having trouble submitting our timesheets via Project Online too.
              Which would point to problems at UK South (or Durham)
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you like Just a Minute then the ballot for tickets to the next zoom-recorded event has just opened.

Just a Minute - Remote Virtual Audience Event | Shows and tours

Won't be the same without Nicolas Parsons

Comment

So I put in a middling performance for the Consultancy vs Client Christmas quiz.

Some people know way too much about Christmas films and related tat.

Comment

The watch really skanked me on the bins and shopping today, crediting me with a measly three minutes the lot

So a walk has been briskly walked, thereby closing both the green and red rings; and as the cyan ring closed while I was putting my shoes on (which is odd as I was sitting down and that's the "stand" ring), that's all three rings done for today

Now to get dinner on

Comment

I allowed myself to be drawn into a huge debate on Twitter about what constitutes a "list" in HTML from an accessibility perspective. Apparently, as people overuse lists for inappropriate purposes (rather like tables used to be), VoiceOver in WebKit uses certain heuristics to determine if something deserves to be considered a real list or not; real lists get the spoken "list of seven items"…"end of list" treatment, whereas unworthy lists don't even if they're marked up with <ul> and <li>.

This all started before lunchtime, I tried to contribute a few helpful comments, and I'm still getting pinged with new replies every couple of minutes

TBH I think the fact that this was implemented around 2014 and nobody claims to have been inconvenienced by it before now says it all; but who am I to argue with screenreader users? They know far better than me what they expect from assistive technologies

Comment

Working...
                      X