• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly time to head off for my haircut

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Nearly time to head off for my haircut
      As long as it's not off with your head!

Comment

Haircut done!

I needn't have set off so early; I was in danger of arriving ten minutes early, so I took a detour through a small but rather dodgy estate down that way, and was only five minutes early. Though she probably would have been OK with me being earlier, I didn't want to turn up while she was still cleaning the place after the last customer and have to hang around outside peering gloomily through the window

On the way back I stopped in at the chemist's for the monthly prescription, so that's out of the way too

And with all that done, the green ring was well and truly closed

Comment

Afternoon walk walked, purple (or orange, depending on the screen) dial complete. Green tick against equivalent flights of stairs (72) and steps (10,777)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And with all that done, the green ring was well and truly closed
            you still got that green ring?
            tablets didn't work then?
            wire brush and dettol maybe.

Comment

Volunteering on Ashdown Forest today. I forgot all about it until 5 minutes before I was supposed to meet up at the car park. Fortunately managed to spot the others after wandering around for about 20 minutes. Yet another cockup day.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The Wife (tm) has been offered a contract based on documents she’s prepared over the last 8 months. She’s no intention of giving up her job for it, but considered a week on islands in the South Atlantic to be an interesting proposition

Anyway, TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Watched MasterChef. Very pleased that Santosh got through.

Comment

Much on yet another new build of the new forum software, as a vBulletin update arrived that has the potential to break everything. Still, only two Selenium test failures (out of 125 tests so far, though I'm expecting that figure to rise) once I'd realised that I was passing the wrong login credentials to the test suite, which was why all the tests of logging in and of stuff you can only see and do when logged in were failing on the first run

So tea has been rather later even by my standards, and was the easiest thing to hand: lamb scouse out of the freezer, with a thick end-piece of sesame bloomer. Very nice indeed on a cold night

Speaking of which, it's not very nice out there now; drizzly rain, and a breeze that isn't strong but is very chilly

No trundling tonight as the recycling bins were missed last week; there wasn't one to bring in so there isn't one to take out

Comment

Still, only two Selenium test failures (out of 125 tests so far, though I'm expecting that figure to rise)
                      Funny how a little time away from the thing and you can immediately see the problem when you go back to it. Invalid assumptions in the tests having been removed without reducing the value of the tests, we have 125 of 125 passed

And that's quite enough of that for one day, and evening and night come to that

Comment

Working...
                      X