• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Nice thread you've got here, shame if anything were to happen to it...
    NF has a plan for that - although I'm seriously tempted to set up a discord Test Please delete server.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Feeling a bit under the weather today. Very tired and could do with going back to bed.

Talking of the weather, it's bright-ish (for the time of day) and dry. Quite a bit of cloud cover but doesn't look very thick. Currently 4 degrees with a forecast high of 7. Cloud cover will increase with a 50/50 chance of rain this afternoon. Barometer down to 1021 mBar.

First coffee awaiting its fate.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Goodnight all
        Morning

Chilly out. Lots of traffic. Where are they going?

Today's high is 7 degrees and tonight's low is 3 degrees. It is currently 2 degrees.

it's going cloudy
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Nice walk earlier.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grey/white sky.

Gloomy.

Not currently precipitating as far as I can tell from here.

Cold. 14.7 deg in here.

1019 mBar and 63% RH.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Nice enough.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, very thick), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

More potching done on the tin shed during which a 3mm HS drill came to grief.

Oh, the expense.

And a can of PU foam got foamed to variously stick stuff together & fill assorted gaps that needed filling.

I think a fillet of concrete duly applied tomorrow should see that bit done & dusted.

<hiatus>

Tea: Liver and bacon with onion gravy, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, and the last mango (Morrisons, reduced).

Very nice.

<hiatus due to power cut>

Oddly whilst cooking tea I thought to myself how inconvenient a power cut would be.

Just as I was starting to wash the dishes, waiting for the kettle to boil, and typing this tulipe on here, out went the lights.

Entertainment:

Tudur Owen's TV flashback, being a collection of ancient clips from BBC Wales.

Probably followed by another tulipe Man from Uncle "film".

Why ever did I think it was "good".

We must have been starved of good stuff.

<hiatus>

Tudur was amusing enough.

The 2nd power cut, not so much.

"The Helicopter Spies (1968)" was slightly more amusing than yesterday's offering.

Dr Pimplepopper on Really.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 December 2020, 23:18.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Reith Lectures started this morning.

When I worked at the BoE, he came around to visit each floor and his opening statement was "Please call me Mark".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000py8t

Very well presented so far, starting with Economics 101.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Reith Lectures started this morning.

When I worked at the BoE, he came around to visit each floor and his opening statement was "Please call me Mark".

BBC Radio 4 - The Reith Lectures, 2020: Mark Carney - How We Get What We Value, From Moral to Market Sentiments

Very well presented so far, starting with Economics 101.
                Too many meetings today, will be catching up on BBC Sounds later

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey gloomy day out

Only up to 6°C so far. But the rain expected this afternoon has been pushed back to early tomorrow, so there's that I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Chilly out. Lots of traffic. Where are they going?
                    I wonder about that. In the initial lockdown, the road outside was virtually deserted; lately, it's been much as it always was. Whatever people are doing, they don't seem very locked down

Comment

Time to light the fire.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X