• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It's overcast but seems bright. Currently dry but it sounds wet when the cars pass by. Currently 12 degrees with a forecast high of 14. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

I forgot to report the trundling last night. Bags have been collected from their spot but the gate has been left open.

Comment

What a difference a mile makes: peeing down, windy, and generally miserable. Can't see it improving much throughout the day, but one remains hopeful.

Boy off school as his class bubble has been breached. Cue screaming and foot stomping as the Fortnite delivery mechanism is rationed. Bloody kids.

First call in 2 minutes. Must dash... long commute from left to the right side of the screen.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning all

Off to pick The Wife (tm) up from the garage, her car is in for a service today. Murky out walking earlier, but at least it wasn’t raining.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Caretaker has closed my gate. Good chap that he is.

Comment

I wonder if the missing chimbly flue thing for next door will get itself installed this afternoon in the event that the inclemency of the weather continues unabated.

I also wonder if they're aware that the scaffolders made off with some of the planking on Sunday.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey day, feeling a bit chilly (judging by airflow through the window) at 12°C; looks a little damp out but I think that's just lingering dampness, not evidence of any further rain

Had quite a decent night's sleep; it was occasionally broken by dreams that half-woke me but more by being weird than disturbing. Can't remember any of them now

Comment

Morning.

Sky is blue.

Streets were oddly emptier today...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Now deciding what to have for lunch.

Comment

Freecell score today: 93%, running average 84% (83.52%).

Lunch: Heinz ham & lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread & sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, Ginsters vegan quorn pasty (meh), red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walked up to the post office for the TV Times, thencely to town to get some money out of the ban (without sawnoff), got soaked doing it.

I don't think I'll be doing much work outside today.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch turned out to be ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread. Very healthy and nutritious

Bits of wan sunshine breaking through occasionally here

No rain forecast, but they said that yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X