• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    MrsB's birthday today, she's 28 (again). Presents opened and breakfast provided.
    Happy birthday MrsB!

Comment

well busy weekend, decorating a bedroom, sorting the garage etc.

Not been able to sleep a few times.

tried watching this - I may destroy you. I should have read this review and realised I would hate it because if I didn't love it according to the slaver I must be a racist. The irony.

I May Destroy You review – could this be the best drama of the year? | Television & radio | The Guardian

Its about a hedonistic young black woman with writers block who was apparently raped. I think this is clarified in later episodes but so far we have seen her drink an amount that would kill a horse and filled her nostrils repeatedly with Columbia's finest and then suffering a blackout, her memory starts to return and she recalls a cashpoint and some white bloke having his way with her. Sadly she seems so self obsessed and demanding (her friends seem to run around her) I don't actually care about her.

I managed 2 episodes trying to understand the audio because the apprentice sound engineer is on again. So have any of you managed the full dozen episodes and think it is worth pursuing please do tell. I think I will stay with Thandie Newton in Rogue.

Frequencies (free on Prime) was quite good to start but it fell apart towards the end but worth a watch.

Roadkill is quite good.

Walking dead - the world beyond is starting to shape up as an everyday tale of undead people.

Utopia is moving nicely forward with John Cusack thoroughly enjoying being the baddie.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

This looks interesting, for thems with Apple TV:

Fireball is Werner Herzog’s ode to space rocks | Ars Technica

Comment

Been to B&Q to get some stuff.

Should be dead in a fortnight.

112mm guttering purchased to replace the borked bit.

Super duper sealant stuff to replace the white sealant I used yesterday.

Yet another missing screw replaced in a bracket.

Gutter cut to the right length on the 2nd attempt.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust, thick), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread x 2, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh, and six bags of concrete were purchased to repair the floor in the Tin Shed.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Gutter cut to the right length on the 2nd attempt.
              Measure twice, cut twice anyway

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread. Just the thing for a drab, grey day

Comment

Timed that right. .

It's been pissing down since 13:00 o'clock.

Ran the vac over the bits of floor that are visible.

Even moved this and that in the "living room".

Should have moved "the other" too, but oddly I just couldn't be arsed.

During the morning's exertions the old gutter was put through the bathroom window into the bath.

Where I'd forgotten the bath towel resided, and thus got extremely black in places.

Said towel has been quick washed & is now annoying Greta in the TD.

Even got as far as washing the leanto floor (vinyl) for the first time in a while.

Now exhausted by all my efforts.

Next: Monday links.

And some handcream.

During last week's excavations in the garage, I found an advert for "Player's "MILD" Navy Cut Cigarettes".

3d for 10.

How long ago was that then?

There's no date on the piece of paper which looks like the back cover of a magazine of some kind.

About 1900 or so from the looks of it.

The search brought up some very sites indeed.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 November 2020, 16:15.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Brisk walk, now incorporating trip to the pharmacy for the monthly medicines, done; green ring closed

There was a queue out in the car park again. But they've responded to the ongoing crisis by finding a new member of staff to work the counter who is even more dithery than previous contenders, thereby stretching out the process of dealing with each individual customer for as long as possible. I think it was twenty minutes or so before I finally got in there (only three allowed in at a time) and another five minutes before I was out again, and I was only fifth in the queue when I arrived

Comment

The Wife (tm) has spent the last couple of hours on the phone with a few people. I've just heard her ask a question while trying to stifle a laugh/cry: "Are you telling me you're going to have the better qualified nurse drawing up, while the junior one performs the injections?"
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X