• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I ordered for Mrs Eek a book from Amazon for Christmas

The book (published in England, in english) has been sent from a German warehouse
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Indeterminate sky colour*.

Maybe I'll have a roof with "slates" by teatime.

There.

That's witched it.

*Apparently CBS.
      Smalls into the WM.

Smalls out of the WM into the TD.

Shirts into the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM.

Shirts into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

'Tis all go here today.

Blue sky again, though not exactly clear.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just been captured by space aliens.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Just been captured by space aliens.
          Are they giving you a probe?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Bunch of musty old t-shirts rescued from the dusty distant corners of the bedroom in the wash

Most of these will probably end up in the Oxfam recycling thing, but there's one or two I might hang on to for old times' sake if they clean up well enough. Odd to think that the Rebel Yell bourbon shirt, received to wear during a promotional evening at the pub but actually of excellent quality, is nearly thirty years old
            Almost all of these turned out to be frayed, stained, or otherwise useless so they've been bagged up ready for taking to the Oxfam bin

I initially thought it was a bit of a shame that the Rebel Yell one had a stain that hadn't come out; it's very good quality unbleached cotton, the thick and well-stitched seams are holding firm, and the logo printed front and back remains pristine. But then I realised that said logo incorporates the Confederate flag. Not a problem in the UK of the 1990s where few people had any idea of its significance, but probably not something I'd want to be seen wearing nowadays

I've probably got a few more of those somewhere, some of which might be in decent nick, but I don't think they'll be getting an airing on my back any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Almost all of these turned out to be frayed, stained, or otherwise useless so they've been bagged up ready for taking to the Oxfam bin

I initially thought it was a bit of a shame that the Rebel Yell one had a stain that hadn't come out; it's very good quality unbleached cotton, the thick and well-stitched seams are holding firm, and the logo printed front and back remains pristine. But then I realised that said logo incorporates the Confederate flag. Not a problem in the UK of the 1990s where few people had any idea of its significance, but probably not something I'd want to be seen wearing nowadays

I've probably got a few more of those somewhere, some of which might be in decent nick, but I don't think they'll be getting an airing on my back any time soon
              Sounds like good polishing cloth material if you have things that need a polishing now and then. My dad would stash that for use on his car or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Sounds like good polishing cloth material if you have things that need a polishing now and then. My dad would stash that for use on his car or some such.
                Good idea - I might keep some of them back for such purposes as I work though them

Comment

Reverse trundle for one of the good recycling bins

And one of the black bins had garnered some late arrivals, so I've trundled that out

Comment

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

13 minutes to go according to the random number generator.

The ongoing hammering is ongoing.

With added lumps of slate and detritus falling onto the polycarb roof of the leanto just to ginger me up a bit.

Hail is loud.

Lumps of slate IS VERY LOUD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (properly leathery today) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Smalls into the WM.

Smalls out of the WM into the TD.

Shirts into the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM.

Shirts into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

'Tis all go here today.

Blue sky again, though not exactly clear.

Greta hates a TD.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X