• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to council tip yesterday but gave up because of huge queue due to social distancing by only using every other parking space. I'll just bung it on my ghastly neighbour's garden.

Bit of a panic today as other old lady neighbour knocked on door saying her husband wasn't answering the door. Tried the phone then went round the back through the hedge to let her in. We couldn't find the old chap. Turned out he was sitting in his tatty old shed at the bottom of the garden. Didn't have to run him to the hospital again.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Does it still work?
      Yup.

I was flushed with success when I flushed it 3 times this very morning.

And another afternoon spent filling binbags with scrunched up paper ready for Ye Giante Conflagratione Of Neathe.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just watched part of a speech from Joe Biden and nearly fell asleep.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Just watched part of a speech from Joe Biden and nearly fell asleep.
          How politicians should be

The Apple Event is starting soon; looks like I'll be watching the start of it from the exercise bicycle, as I've taken no exercise so far today other than popping downstairs to check the post and out the back to check the gate

Just found a huge daddy longlegs in the kitchen, due to having left the window open after dark I would imagine. It was just resting on the wall rather than floating about though, so I was able to scoop it up in a small vessel and usher it outside again.

And the towels are now drying on the clotheshorse in here, as they'd take too long in the kitchen

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded ?cod?, stewed Granny Smith's with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "OHMSS (1969)" with that Australian Big Fry actor and Dame Diana Rigg.

"The bad skin clinic" at 22:00 on Quest Red.

Pustulent goodness.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

New Macs look pretty darn nifty

Shame my bank account doesn't

Comment

Dinner: curry from the slow cooker.

Ents: staring at Channel 4 news.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I nearly killed HWMBO!

I dropped a glass bottle in the kitchen and, despite my careful clear up, his foot found a shard and much leakage (of the bloody type) occurred.

He's fine really. Unless he gets an infection. Then he'll be done for.

Well now you know its true love he will walk across broken glass for you

hope he is OK!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse, with a few bits of sesame bloomer for dunking and scooping

That's the last of that out of the freezer. I reckon I'll get a whole shoulder of lamb this weekend so I can have a roast and then make a huge batch of it; it's the perfect stuff to have in reserve for the colder weather

Comment

Working...
                      X