• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Dinner has been chicken jalfrezi and pillow rice.
    with a nice Merlot for a change.
    ents seems to be very limited on freeview.

might have to look at iPlayer or netflix.

meh
    Calman is more entertaining this week: Fingal's Cave & a rallying old mini on Mull.

Now she's digging up maram grass.

To protect this:

The Outer Hebrides Machair

Now making wooden sea shells.

Tobermory.

Biscuit factory powered by woodchips.

Sea Eagle.

That's a big bird's nest.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 November 2020, 20:53.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Calman is more entertaining this week: Fingal's Cave & a rallying old mini on Mull.

Now she's digging up maram grass.
      Mull's a great driving island for sure.
      as long as you don't encounter any largeish animals on blind bends.

Comment

Mull's a great driving island for sure.
        as long as you don't encounter any largeish animals on blind bends.
        I once encountered a cow on the sliproad off the A465 at Neath Abbey.

It was quite exciting.

Then again I once encountered a yellow van that I eventually realised was stationary in the fast lane of the M4.

That was even more exciting when I squeezed the Zodiac MkIV between said van & the central reservation crash barrier.

Comment

A deer once caused much damage to the parentals' car. Took out the headlight and front grill IIRC. On a Merc that wasn't a cheap repair.

Comment

the deer attacked the car?

Comment

Tea has been battered cod, chips and beans

The cod was Young's Large Chip Shop Style Battered Cod. It wasn't particularly large, nor did it turn out particularly like anything I've ever got from a chip shop. But it was very flavoursome all the same

Comment

the deer attacked the car?
                Yes. Lept out from behind a hedge and headbutted it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Yes. Lept out from behind a hedge and headbutted it
                  ah, a weegie deer.
                  that explains it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Entertainment: "Wrong side of town (2010)" with Dave Bautista, it having fallen out of a pile so it would be rude to put it back.

It has a rating of 3.8 but Stormy Daniels is in it.

Secret Scotland is on 5 at 20:00, it being about islands this week, so hopefully better than last week's effort.
                    The Hebrides were considerably more interesting than the previous week's installment.

"Wrong side of town" turned out to be a straight to dvd actioner, reasonable enough entertainment for the 50p it cost.

The only person I'd heard of was Dave Bautista.

Ms Daniels could put yer eye out with those breasts. <- protection needed .

Now watching "The Five Doctors (1983)" with Peter Davidson, John Pertwee, Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker, and Richard Hurndall standing in for William Hartnell on account of him being somewhat dead.

Tom Baker only appears in archive footage, presumably because he wanted too much money.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was 47 Ronin (2013), which is just yer basic sword and sorcery thing but in Japan, with a specious excuse for Keanu Reeves not looking even slightly Japanese. Having watched it, I wouldn't pay for it, because that kind of thing's not really my thing. But if you do like that kind of thing, then it's the kind of thing you'll like; it stops being Free With Prime in a few days so get it while you can

And then:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I like The Martian, as may be evident from the fact I've watched it three or four times

In fact, it seems I last watched it in January, which was the Before Times, so ages ago. Might watch it again soon
                      and I did, and I enjoyed it tremendously once again

Anybody suggesting that I only like it so much because it lets me rock out to Abba's Waterloo without appearing uncool will meet with the strongest possible response from my lawyers, should I ever acquire any

And finally S4E8 of The Sopranos, Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode 2002)

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X