• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all.

Rather grey and dank here, plus I have a headache.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz pea and ham soup, Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's such a miserable day that aside from popping up the Post Office to buy the tv times, I've spent the morning reading the current book "Surrender: how British industry gave up the ghost 1952 - 2012".

It is remarkably revealing of the stunning incompetence of it all.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I believe there has been rain off and on throughout the morning but I've not paid much attention to it.

Contemplating what to have for lunch but not feeling especially hungry. I did get some bread delivered on Sunday so maybe some toast will do.

Comment

Just been down the village sorted out a couple of parcels and got my hair cut.

It's the last day for that barber before she moves into a new shop in the next estate along so I'm glad I found today before it was too late. It just means that in future I will need to get the car out.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Also bought my lunch from the co-op but the Hoisin Duck wrap has definitely on the meh side of meh.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Blue sky with a hint of sun.

Things are looking up.

Comment

Two slices of toast and marmite have been eaten for lunch.

I will have an orange for my afternoon snack.

Comment

Ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread for lunch

Still grey here, but I think the rain has moved on

Comment

Just noticed there be rain afalling.

Good job I'm not allowed to go out.

Comment

Bonfire duly bonfired, largely because the scaffolders turned up about quarter to three & I can't abide being in the house when there's stuff like that going on.

How the feck I'll manage with the roofers is anyone's guess.

Anyway, most of the crap drying in the greehouse has gone up in smoke along with some of the balks of "timber" extracted from the tin shed a week or so ago.

Once I've showered, the overalls, shirt, etc. will meet the washing machine to remove some vestige of the pong of smoke therefrom.

Tea (following the shower): Tesco breaded haddock (might be cod, can't remember), probably a yog since there's no pears defrosted, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: well it won't be "The Settlement" since that turns out to be a dup of something I watched in 2018, apparently.

Therefore: TBD.

Comment

Working...
                      X