• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What I need is some way of generating substantial quantities of passive income so I can spend all my time reading stuff that might be suitable for Monday Links
    Me too! I have read those self help, 4 hour working week nonsense books and I have yet to work out how to put it into practise.

Comment

As it's due to cease being Included with Prime in a couple of days, I thought I'd watch Charlie's Angels (2000), but it was such intolerable tripe that it lasted approximately five minutes before I gave up

Instead, and in a rather different vein, I watched Des (TV Mini-Series 2020– ), the recent ITV dramatisation of Dennis Nielsen's arrest and trial. Very good indeed

ITV seem to have really got the knack of these true crime things. The one about Fred and Rose West a few years ago, Appropriate Adult, was also extremely good, as was Code of a Killer about the first use of DNA profiling in the hunt for that Colin Pitchfork from down the road

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.
        Black
        overcast
        not so KB
        Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Well I have gone with the name he was known by that matches his wedding certificate... Not aware of any other names for him

Need to convince my Gran to sign the forms so I can have a look at his Army records in case there's anything useful in there.
          So there is a family secret no one is telling you.

Bet it's boring by today's standards.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh morning.

Grey, damp and 14 degrees.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Still a tad on the dark side, overcast, signs of rain but no active precipitation at the time of reporting. Currently 14 degrees with a forecast high of 18 later with a bit of sunshine due to break through the clouds. Further rain expected overnight. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Only two meetings today. Such bliss!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                As it's due to cease being Included with Prime in a couple of days, I thought I'd watch Charlie's Angels (2000), but it was such intolerable tripe that it lasted approximately five minutes before I gave up

Instead, and in a rather different vein, I watched Des (TV Mini-Series 2020– ), the recent ITV dramatisation of Dennis Nielsen's arrest and trial. Very good indeed

ITV seem to have really got the knack of these true crime things. The one about Fred and Rose West a few years ago, Appropriate Adult, was also extremely good, as was Code of a Killer about the first use of DNA profiling in the hunt for that Colin Pitchfork from down the road

Goodnight all
                Thanks for the reminder - I keep meaning to watch that (Des, not Charlies Angels)

Comment

Morning all

Dry (as in no current precipitation).

Grey.

Windy.

Sunless.

White sky.

16. 3 deg in here.

996 mBar and 65% RH.

Tuesday.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    A bit of rain overnight, I went out in full wet heat, only to find that it was warm (12C).

Currently listening to a discussion going on in the background about a local hospital trust who are running out of PPE and have been told by NHSSC to source it themselves.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Half listening to something on R4 about the angst women go through in deciding whether or not to have a second child. Of course, there's a life coach who you can pay to tell you you're not a monster for only wanting to raise one child. There was some interesting social science stuff about rates of single child families and how even though it's very common there's still some stigma / hang ups around it.

Second coffee being drunk.

Comment

Working...
                      X