• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Two lawns mown, the other feckers can mow their own.

As fecking if.

The tarp seems to be working, alternatively it ain't rained much.

More stuff out of the pile o'tulipe put into the greenhouse to dry a bit before the next conflagration.

Tea: kedgeree once I've found the recipe, some sort of yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Knackered now.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Evening all

Long day out today, rode over to Edale and then over Winnats Pass, down to Dovedale, Chapel-En-Le-Frith, back up over Mam Tor to Edale again and back home via various stupidly steep hills.

202km and and 3000m of up. Thats 126'ish miles and 9900'ish feet for those still working in old money. 9hrs 30mins total time.

Steak for dinner, plus anything else not nailed down in the fridge when I got back.

Now off to a friends Pub for a (socially distanced) pint or two.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Evening all.

CovBaby is now three days overdue.

To round off my weekend I've just had a month's notice from the agency. Digging a bit deeper it sounds like an issue further down the chain of suppliers - sadly their English isn't great but it reads that one of their contracts has expired and so they're not working with that customer any more (which I surmise is Agency 2 next along the chain).

ClientCo still want me around and so perhaps I'll gently explore the possibility of getting back in further down the chain (with consequent rate rise to cover the steps taken out). Watch this space...

Comment

On the food front: venison with mushroom sauce at lunchtime. Lovely.

Cheese omelette and rice pudding (tinned sadly) this evening. We did have home-made rice pudding the other week and very nice it was too.

Comment

Not sure if the meal I just had was a late lunch or an early tea, but one thing it definitely was: breakfast! A delicious, big fry-up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Not sure if the meal I just had was a late lunch or an early tea, but one thing it definitely was: breakfast! A delicious, big fry-up
                Good man! Including black pudding I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  good call! - i still have some irish black pudding in the freezer.
                  breakfast sometime this week i think

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Afraid not - not keen on the stuff myself

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Afraid not - not keen on the stuff myself
                      Woos

dinner has been more thai chilli lamb with rice.
                      and rioja*
                      ents is the other motorsport. the more boring one with too many wheels.

*did i say, i really like Rioja?

Comment

Working...
                      X