• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had some pasta for lunch.

While thinking it's shame that the OU increased the price of their degrees as some posters should undertake a course in social sciences.

Bloody weather it was suppose to stop raining.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Raining steadily now, and the wind seems to be getting up

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth and wholemeal bread

Comment

Smalls have now been hung out.

Other clothings are now in the WM.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Had some pasta for lunch.

While thinking it's shame that the OU increased the price of their degrees as some posters should undertake a course in social sciences.

Bloody weather it was suppose to stop raining.
            [rant]
            The OU is bloomin' expensive now.

I was really narked that they increased the fees to the maximum they could and then cut the service. No more face to face tutorials (ok, maybe they were ahead of the curve there considering current events), no more books - all purely online delivery. When completing an assignment a book with a good index is far more useful than their terrible website. You can pay the OU to print the course materials for you but it won't come with an index - it's just a print of the web content. I spend all day working on a screen; it used to be great to pick up a book of an evening.

I'm currently taking a pause for which I had to ask permission. Previously you could just not sign up for another course. If you don't ask permission to take a break, they kick you off.

I am no longer a happy OU customer, and am serioulsy wondering whether it's worth completing the third year of my degree.

[/rant]

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Finally got through!

The lovely Scottish lady reckons my username is too similar to another user's so they've mistyped and I have to suffer the fall out. She says no-one can access my account without my fob/token thingummy. So I now have to wait a few hours for the reset to go through and then change my username.
              I used to have continued issues with my 2-Factor authentication if I never used it regularly... Since the mobile app was updated it has now been faultless
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Cats and dogs out there now after threatening for a while.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Grey, cold and windy here atm.

Gym session done. If I had a green ring it would probably be closed.

Lunch was a bowl of broccoli, cauliflower and cheese soup and some left over lamb curry from yesterdays dinner.

Now pondering whether it is worth trying to translate the huge email thread I've been copied in on by the Chilean branch of the business or whether I should just plead a lack of Spanish language skills to avoid having to get involved. I suspect it's finance related and involves trying to raise a purchase order for services from the US business, so ignorance is probably the best policy for a Friday afternoon.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    [rant]
                    The OU is bloomin' expensive now.

I was really narked that they increased the fees to the maximum they could and then cut the service. No more face to face tutorials (ok, maybe they were ahead of the curve there considering current events), no more books - all purely online delivery. When completing an assignment a book with a good index is far more useful than their terrible website. You can pay the OU to print the course materials for you but it won't come with an index - it's just a print of the web content. I spend all day working on a screen; it used to be great to pick up a book of an evening.

I'm currently taking a pause for which I had to ask permission. Previously you could just not sign up for another course. If you don't ask permission to take a break, they kick you off.

I am no longer a happy OU customer, and am serioulsy wondering whether it's worth completing the third year of my degree.

[/rant]
                    The OU really isn't worth it given the prices they now charge. The issue is most of the good edX and other courses are via American biased which isn't much use for a lot of social sciences.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cottons out of the TD.

That funny little red light came on again, so I've vacced the big feck off filter in case it's that which is causing it.

Raining again now, so that's the walk forgotten about for today.

Read a bit more of "the Second World War" by Beevour.

Just got to Valkyrie which duly fails.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X