• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was dampened on the way to pick up the CovKids from school.

That's easily the most pleasurable part of my day :-)

Comment

I'm listening to a very detailed description of how to play "What's the time Mr Wolf?" from CovKid 2.

This all rather puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        I'm listening to a very detailed description of how to play "What's the time Mr Wolf?" from CovKid 2.

This all rather puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Comment

Teapot activated

Accompanied by three giant condors a toasted teacake with plenty of butter

And I might as well squeeze in an episode of The Rockford Files while I'm consuming that lot

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Teapot activated

Accompanied by three giant condors a toasted teacake with plenty of butter

And I might as well squeeze in an episode of The Rockford Files while I'm consuming that lot
            How would you get a condor under the grill?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              It's finally stopped raining for a while.

I wonder if a walk might be walked without getting drenched.

I see a patch of blue sky so I'm off out now just.
              Walk duly walked.

Umbrella not needed, though some jumping was involved where overflowing streams and leats were involved.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thar's gold in them thar hills.

The world's biggest gold mines: Top ten

Stone me, 1.8g/t.

The 49ers wouldn't have thought much of that.

The Haunting Legacy of South Africa’s Gold Mines - Yale E360
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2020, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  How would you get a condor under the grill?
                  It's from a Hunter S. Thompson quote about Nixon and Watergate: "The chickens are coming home to roost, accompanied by three giant condors."

S1E15 duly watched: "The Rockford Files" Sleight of Hand (TV Episode 1975). (Note that due to the pilot episode being defined as S1E0, this is actually the sixteenth.)

Raining steadily now.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's from a Hunter S. Thompson quote about Nixon and Watergate: "The chickens are coming home to roost, accompanied by three giant condors."

S1E15 duly watched: "The Rockford Files" Sleight of Hand (TV Episode 1975). (Note that due to the pilot episode being defined as S1E0, this is actually the sixteenth.)

Raining steadily now.
                    Ah.

I've always enjoyed "Exit. Pursued by a bear"

Comment

Tea: liver and bacon with onion gravy (gravy was a bit thick), prune yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh and some of the pears I stewed today, sans custard.

Entertainment: "Walking Britain's Roman Roads" at 20:00 on 5.

Possibly the thing about Lawrence of Arabia that follows it.

<hiatus>

And "Predators (2010)" which seems reasonably amusing so far.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2020, 19:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X