• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    At one point they had me wondering if it had all gone, and we were just expected to use Plenty until the crisis has passed
    Which would cause a different crisis when the sewers blocked up.

Cottons still in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD and, in what passes in my case for ironing, duly ironed, taken upstairs & airing on the bedroom picture rails.

They designed houses well in the 1930s.

Walk walked in the sunshine, though the wind, it must be said, is quite, er, windy.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (non crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of goodish Glengettie tea (remembered to stir the pot a bit this time, it being the remainder of that disappointing packet).

In other news, the blockage in the drain on the hill that's causing the pavement tarmac to lift up by the cemetery has plainly progressed further up the hill, since now it's lifting the tarmac the other side of a GPO manhole.

And they've obviously sent a gully sucker to clean the one street drain that's clear, whilst ignoring the ones that are full to the brim with crap.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 September 2020, 11:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

From the chap who brought you traintimes.org.uk and others, a site that lets you input your postcode and tells you what, if any, lockdown currently applies to you: Local Lockdown Lookup - Matthew Somerville

You might have expected the government to have provided something along these lines, but sadly not

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Lunch: a couple of raspberry jam doughnuts, which presumably count as one of my five-a-day

Yes, although depressingly I read that grape juice and apple juice don't count to your 5 a day if fermentation has occurred.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Popped out, before such an activity is outlawed, to the shops around the corner. Picked up some fruit and veg and a freshly toasted panini from the Italian deli

It's quite breezy out but warm enough if in the sunshine or moving.

The part for my printer has despatched so I shall wait for that to arrive rather than risk the fetid environs of the Post Office. My postage is good for 7 days.

Comment

You know that thing? That thing where you go downstairs for a cup of tea and return to your desk with a refreshing cup of boiling water?

Yeah, that.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

No exercise bicycling done. Instead, I've been for a brisk walk around the more salubrious parts of the neighbourhood, with an emphasis on those pointing upwards, such as they are. Added to the very few minutes the watch granted me for the shopping, that gets me to green ring closed

Elevation gain in total was 109ft, proving that the uphill bits round here aren't very uphill

Near the end, the local copper passed me in a car. He slowed down and gave me a big wave out of his open window, thereby demonstrating to anybody watching that I am well known to the police

Comment

Lunch, lunched - seafood pasta which included lots of my favourite sea creature (dead and alive) - Octopus. I had a surfeit of the baby variety in the freezer, so they were duly prepared in Mediterranean fashion (lots of lemon, sundried tomatoes, capers, garlic and anchovy).
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I had similar, only with canned tuna and anchovies, and a couple of red chilli's.

Comment

Mackerel pate on toast here. Blue skies outside now, but getting breezier, and the temp is only around 6C.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's turned quite Simpsonesque here while my attention was elsewhere

Only 13°C though

Comment

Working...
                      X