• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33C here. Cooler inside than out. I love old houses.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      33C here. Cooler inside than out. I love old houses.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Now debating what to do with the remainder of the afternoon.

More "shed work" springs to mind.

There's a vast collection of junk that needs disposing of.
        And so it transpired, though a bumble bee prevented access to one shed, so I buggered off down the garden to the other shed & pottered about transferring various bits & bobs thencely to the garage which is now fuller than ever.

I seem to have a remarkable number of gear pullers.

Found an octal relay socket during my sojourn, which would have saved me about £3 if I'd known.

Then again, it'll never get used so it matters little.

Also found the remains of a Tandon 252 HD which was the first hd I bought and the first one to bite the dust.

IIRC it started seeking track 0 a lot & finally died the death shortly after I'd got all the data off it.

"All" being a relative term, really.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        hottus feckus in searing sarf herts.
        lunch was panini and a couple of beers in the local's garden.
        partner has carers again, so can get out for a couple of hours Mon-Fri.
        i flex my time accordingly, like you do.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2020, 16:12.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just remembered the thing the doctor had set up whereby I could just call the pharmacy to order my monthly drugs (or even just turn up and wait for them) has expired, so I needed to do it through the surgery website. Shame, it was quite convenient doing it that way.

I think I'm due for a medication review after this month, but whether they'll actually expect me to go all the way next door for it or just do it over the phone remains to be seen. They do these blood tests once a year too, but looking back through the calendar it seems they last happened in February, so there's a good chance the medication review won't even happen and they'll just wave it through.

Comment

And so it transpired, though a bumble bee prevented access to one shed, so I buggered off down the garden to the other shed & pottered about transferring various bits & bobs thencely to the garage which is now fuller than ever.
            Sounds like a remake of The Swarm (1978)

Comment

Nearly time for the Apple Event. From the tagline "Time Flies" I'm assuming this one is mostly about a new model of Apple Watch that can tell the time faster or something

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Nearly time for the Apple Event. From the tagline "Time Flies" I'm assuming this one is mostly about a new model of Apple Watch that can tell the time faster or something
                Years ago I would have watched it - nowadays I'm meh.

My iphone 11 and apple watch series 3 will last a few more years.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

All done for the day.

I'm hoping I didn't scare off the new BA who joined today and is taking on one of my projects Maybe I should have done a better job of turd polishing to at least give them a small sense of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    partner has carers again, so can get out for a couple of hours Mon-Fri.
                    i flex my time accordingly, like you do.
                    +1

Comment

O2 sensor in the Watch 6 and blood oxygen level recording in the Health app. Quite handy for the strange days in which we live, though my Watch 3 is fine for now

Comment

Working...
                      X